Announcement copied from thread=12042

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement copied from thread=12042

Nikita has informed me that there will be a space for a Wireless Village at Defcon 19. We plan to hold training, demonstrations and such on Friday and Saturday (maybe Thursday depending on schedules) and will use the space for the Ham Radio Exams on Sunday.

For any interested, there will be a two day Technican Class training session, two hours each day, on Friday and Saturday.
    DaKahuna

Re: Did you run a contest/event for Defcon 18 that had a forum and will return?

Originally posted by DaKahuna View Post
    Nikita has informed me that there will be a space for a Wireless Village at Defcon 19. We plan to hold training, demonstrations and such on Friday and Saturday (maybe Thursday depending on schedules) and will use the space for the Ham Radio Exams on Sunday.

For any interested, there will be a two day Technican Class training session, two hours each day, on Friday and Saturday.
    I've tried to capture what you wrote in a description for the forum. Please revise as you wish and let me know what to change. Do you have a URL to a website, wiki, twitter feed, or something else? (I strongly suggest a twitter account/feed for this in case you have to make an announcement of a last-minute location change while at the con.)

Preset description:
    [forum=563]Wireless Village[/forum]
    Originally posted by forum_description
    The <B>Defcon 19 Wireless Village</B> will be the place to be for wireless training and demonstrations Saturday, Friday and <i>maybe</i> Thursday (depending on scheduling.) Also, Friday & Saturday for two Hours each day: Technician Class training session and other events the rest of each day. On Sunday: Ham Radio Exams.
    As with other events and contests, I am waiting for confirmation before leaving the forum there.

I am waiting for you to confirm the description provided, too.

Thanks!
    -Cot

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
      I've tried to capture what you wrote in a description for the forum. Please revise as you wish and let me know what to change. Do you have a URL to a website, wiki, twitter feed, or something else? (I strongly suggest a twitter account/feed for this in case you have to make an announcement of a last-minute location change while at the con.)

Preset description:
      [forum=563]Wireless Village[/forum]

<.....snip ....>
      -Cot
      Please use this description:

The <B>Defcon 19 Wireless Village</B> will be the place to be for Wireless (802.11, bluetooth, RFID) and Amateur Radio presentations, demonstrations and training. We plan to hold presentations/demonstrations on subjects such as:

802.11a/b/g/i/n/w
      Security your Home Wireless (as best it can be secured)
      Antenna Theory and design
      Techniques for cracking WEP and WPA

We are also planning to have some interesting wireless challenges or mini-contest.
      On Friday and Saturday we will be holding a two hour session on preparing for the Amateur Radio Technician Class license. We will be presenting representative questions and answers from the exam designed to help you pass the Element 2 of the Amateur Radio exam.

On Sunday we will be holding Amateur Radio License Exams and will be offering exams for Element 2 (Technician), Element 3 (General) and Element 4 (Extra).

Thanks for all your help ..
      DaKahuna

Comment

Originally posted by DaKahuna View Post
        Please use this description:

The <B>Defcon 19 Wireless Village</B> will be the place to be for Wireless (802.11, bluetooth, RFID) and Amateur Radio presentations, demonstrations and training. We plan to hold presentations/demonstrations on subjects such as:

802.11a/b/g/i/n/w
        Security your Home Wireless (as best it can be secured)
        Antenna Theory and design
        Techniques for cracking WEP and WPA

We are also planning to have some interesting wireless challenges or mini-contest.
        On Friday and Saturday we will be holding a two hour session on preparing for the Amateur Radio Technician Class license. We will be presenting representative questions and answers from the exam designed to help you pass the Element 2 of the Amateur Radio exam.

On Sunday we will be holding Amateur Radio License Exams and will be offering exams for Element 2 (Technician), Element 3 (General) and Element 4 (Extra).

Thanks for all your help ..
        Heya DaKahuna,

We talked elsewhere... I was looking for a 1 ot 2 sentence description for the forums and you gave me this:

"Everything you always wanted to know about wireless (802.11, bluetooth, RFID) and Amateur Radio all in one place. The <B>Defcon 19 Wireless Village</B> is the place you will want to be. Stop by, listen, learn and have fun."

I've set the forum description to be this. Your longer description would be closer to what Nikita might want for the program, or might be what you would want to post as a sticky in the forum for your event.

Thanks! Forum Set. I confirmed with Nikita that this thing is a go.

I'll be sending a tweet and making an announcement on the forums about this.

Good luck!

Comment

Re: Announcement copied from thread=12042

Interested in Amateur (HAM) Radio? There will be two 2-hour training sessions for Element 2 (Technician Class) license exam in the Wireless Village. We are currently planning to hold this training 1030 - 1230 Friday and Saturday. Attendance on both days will be necessary due to the amount of material to be covered.

Stay tuned here for more information about the Wireless Village as schedules and events solidify.
          DaKahuna

Comment

Things are really shaping up for the Wireless Village.
            Our plan right is to have Wireless presentations and mini-challenges for beginners and intermediate users as well. Want to know more about 802.11 variants, how WEP and WPA/WPA2 works, do some WEP and WPA cracking, and more then check out the Wireless Village.

Are you already a Wireless Guru and want to give back to the community by doing a presentation and or demonstration on your wireless skills, drop me an email at dakahuha at gmail dot com with a short description of what you want to demonstrate or present and an estimate of how much time.
            DaKahuna

Comment

Ready to test your wireless packet fu?
              Been thinking about getting your HAM radio license?
              Want to see how little gear it reall takes to create a Wireless Lab at home?

Stop by the Wireless Village for answers to these questions and more!
              DaKahuna

Comment

Working...
              X