TOXIC BBQ 8 SHIRTS (DEFCON 19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOXIC BBQ 8 SHIRTS (DEFCON 19)

We need ideas for this years shirt. If you have one, draw it up and submit it to <syntax [ @ ] toxicbbq.com>
    If I use it, I will give you 2 free shirts.

Re: TOXIC BBQ 8 SHIRTS (DEFCON 19)

No submissions yet for a shirt design. Time is running out too..

I'll show up with something.. thats guaranteed but will everyone
    like the plain black shirts?

Comment

Originally posted by [Syntax] View Post
      No submissions yet for a shirt design. Time is running out too..

I'll show up with something.. thats guaranteed but will everyone
      like the plain black shirts?
      Yeah I am finding that the idea of having one's art on a shirt that potentially 5000 people will see is not enough of an incentive to get art submitted by request(Scavenger Hunt shirts.) I even offered to let the artist include text of a personal website and still got nothing. I am not even selling the shirts so there isn't even the potential idea of some artist not getting some expected kickback and still no real interest. Maybe because I am not an artist but I just don't understand not being at all interested in fun, free advertising.

My suggestion? Something with meat, obviously. A unicorn on a bbq spit with the heat source being a reactor core? :> Also, my $.02 on color: Jeebly Crow black gets old....but is always a safe bet.
      "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

I had the idea of using Minecraft pork, maybe even the graphic they use on how to build cooked porkchops?

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Cooked_Porkchop

I don't play Minecraft, but it's pretty popular right now.
        "As Arthur C Clarke puts it, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic". Here is my corollary: "Any sufficiently technical expert is indistinguishable from a witch"."

Comment

Well, since ideas seem slim right now, I'll just throw out a stupid one (since a stupid idea is better than none at all? heh). I am no artist, so I fear someone else's hand would have to work their magic.

So anyway, a scene where instead of grills, hackers in breathing masks are lovingly grilling our fine food over barrels of nuclear waste (picture the barrels at the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant, or some such), as fumes emanate & slowly work their way up.

I mean, it's better than nothing, and from personal experience I believe those fumes exist, because by the time I left the BBQ last year, something had certainly caused a substantial alteration in my consciousness, along with marked slurring of speech & loss of fine motor control...
          The f*ck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon? - chs

Comment

I'm still in need of a T-Shirt design, turn around time for production is about 1 week from final artwork submission. So that means I need a design by July 18th at the latest if I want them in time for con.

Submit any artwork ideas to syntax [ @ ] toxicbbq.com

Comment

Originally posted by [Syntax] View Post
              I'm still in need of a T-Shirt design, turn around time for production is about 1 week from final artwork submission. So that means I need a design by July 18th at the latest if I want them in time for con.

Submit any artwork ideas to syntax [ @ ] toxicbbq.com

Syntax, are you on Facebook? I got response by asking on our Facebook page.
              "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

Working...
              X