X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (sticky) theSummit 7th Annual EFF Fundraiser

Vegas 2.0 is excited to be hosting theSummit on Thursday, August 4th, 2011

theSummit is a Fund Raiser for the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) on Thursday Night between Black Hat and DefCon events. We host this event to offer you the opportunity to meet up with many of this years speakers, VIP's, and industry leaders. Here is your chance to buy them a beer, discuss a talk or project, or give them hell for spreading spam links on facebook.

Open to all ages, theSummit is an excellent networking opportunity with a live auction that often includes keys to some of the contests, a full bar, and entertainment provided by Dual Core. As always, 100% of our proceeds is donated to the EFF.

Further details will be posted here shortly. In the mean time, find us on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest updates!

Vegas 2.0 bit.ly/effsummit
    Twitter /effsummit
    Facebook on.fb.me/Vegas20
    "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Re: (sticky) theSummit 7th Annual EFF Fundraiser

Hell yeah. I hope to see everyone at the front door!

Originally posted by hackajar View Post
    Vegas 2.0 is excited to be hosting theSummit on Thursday, August 4th, 2011

theSummit is a Fund Raiser for the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) on Thursday Night between Black Hat and DefCon events. We host this event to offer you the opportunity to meet up with many of this years speakers, VIP's, and industry leaders. Here is your chance to buy them a beer, discuss a talk or project, or give them hell for spreading spam links on facebook.

Open to all ages, theSummit is an excellent networking opportunity with a live auction that often includes keys to some of the contests, a full bar, and entertainment provided by Dual Core. As always, 100% of our proceeds is donated to the EFF.

Further details will be posted here shortly. In the mean time, find us on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest updates!

Twitter /effsummit

Comment

Twitter /effsummit
      Heya man... I copied forward the description of the froum from last year, which has a site:

http://www.vegassummit.org/ (this should be edited out later -- I don't like helping spammers/squatters.)

But it looks like a sqautter/spammer ad/link-rank group has it with the present content.

Do you no longer own http://www.vegassummit.org/ and should it be stripped from the old fourms, too?

Should I replace the links provided and make them part of the descriptions? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
        Heya man... I copied forward the description of the froum from last year, which has a site:

http://www.vegassummit.org/ (this should be edited out later -- I don't like helping spammers/squatters.)

But it looks like a sqautter/spammer ad/link-rank group has it with the present content.

Do you no longer own http://www.vegassummit.org/ and should it be stripped from the old fourms, too?

Should I replace the links provided and make them part of the descriptions? Thanks!
        Is this still a problem? It looks just fine from where I am routing from! NOTE: It did have information from the Washington DC summit before two days ago.
        "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Is this still a problem? It looks just fine from where I am routing from! NOTE: It did have information from the Washington DC summit before two days ago.
          Huh. Visiting the same exact link provide different content today that did not look at all like efore. Perhaps some sort of DNS changes recently? Looks like it is working fine now, thanks!

Comment

Hell yas. Hoping to get there earlier this year so I can hang out with Kevin Mitnick.

/me fives blak
            if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

/me fives converge
              We should sell tickets for a dunk tank with a bad kevin impersonator heckling the crowd...

Comment

Working...
              X