First round of talks, coming soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First round of talks, coming soon

First round of talks have been vetted, and acceptances should be going out today. Lots of interesting stuff this year. However, we're still about 10 hours shy of a full load. So if you still have something you think you can work out, drop a line to dcskytalks@gmail.com. We'll see what we can work in.

Additionally, we've put up a web redirect to this forum (since we're swamped for time and can't get a real website up yet) at skytalks.info.

Coming soon: the schedule!
    I check my sanity with a wristwatch. What do you check yours with, a dipstick?

Re: First round of talks, coming soon

Originally posted by bluknight View Post
    First round of talks have been vetted, and acceptances should be going out today. Lots of interesting stuff this year. However, we're still about 10 hours shy of a full load. So if you still have something you think you can work out, drop a line to dcskytalks@gmail.com. We'll see what we can work in.

Additionally, we've put up a web redirect to this forum (since we're swamped for time and can't get a real website up yet) at skytalks.info.

Coming soon: the schedule!
    Once your site is up,please let us know so that we can include a link to your site in the description of this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
      Once your site is up,please let us know so that we can include a link to your site in the description of this forum.
      Will do, although it might not be this year. We're getting swamped enough that putting together something might be a little... interesting... in the time remaining. As it is, the URL points directly to this sub-forum (and if that's a problem, let me know and I'll disable.)

Comment

Originally posted by bluknight View Post
        Will do, although it might not be this year. We're getting swamped enough that putting together something might be a little... interesting... in the time remaining. As it is, the URL points directly to this sub-forum (and if that's a problem, let me know and I'll disable.)
        Thanks for being so considerate, but having that URL point to this suforum is not a problem for us at all. :-) I really like to include as many links to sources on contests, events or parties so organizers can take discussions however they want, and let the forums show people where the organizers wish them to go. (For example, if a contest/event/party planned to organize and announce updates on a mailing instead of the forums, the forums should let people know about that mailing list and tell them about it.) It would be very un-defcon-like to force all contest/event/party discussions to take place on the forums, so we offer space to those that want to use it, and will gladly redirect people to the places the organizers want participants to visit.

One item to note:
        This subforum by URL is for this event for this year at Defcon 19. If you plan to bring back the event next year, then the URL will change as a new forum will be created. This allows us to contain each yearly event, contest or party forum for historical review and decrease the chance that someone will find a post for last year and assume it is relevant for this year. Some time in September, I'll ask everyone about contests, events or parties that have forums and plan to return, if they will return. Those that say yes get forums made early for Defcon 20 (perhaps November or December) but are still required to submit their info to Pyr0 when there is a call for info.

Thanks and good luck!
        -Cot

Comment

Any updates here? Would love to see a list of Skytalks topics.

Comment

Originally posted by quo View Post
            Any updates here? Would love to see a list of Skytalks topics.
            I know they are working on finalizing the schedule.... From the people I know that are talking, skytalks is going to be the place to be.

Comment

Finally(!) pushed the schedule out. I've learned my lesson, I'm already starting to plan for next year!

Comment

Working...
              X