games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• games?

in the past we've run little marksmanship competitions, etc. they've been fun for the folk involved, and i've given out prizes and such.

i have no plans for that this year, but if anyone else wants to organize anything, feel free to discuss it here.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: games?

Anyone have a Texas Star or pop-ups of any types?

Comment

From various discussions with people, I think there's going to be a 'Who's got the biggest gun that makes Render fly backwards the farthest when he shoots it' contest
      Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Hey all I wanted to get this posted up sooner but I just got my account activated.

KingRat and I were looking to setup a little fun friendly competition lane.

Basically the idea would be to have 5 targets (image below) 2 paper, 2 steel, and lastly 1 steel hostage target. 2 shooters would line up at the firing line and have to put 2 rounds on the paper zombie target, then 2 hits on the steel and finally shoot the hostage taker not the hostage.

I don’t have a fancy shot timer but I can use a stop watch, this way you can bring a friend over and see who is actually faster / more accurate or just race the stop watch.

If there is any interest let us know, we would be willing to bring the steel targets and setup / monitor the game.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

EDIT: The steel targets I own will only handle shotgun / handgun rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Ajax409 View Post
          I don’t have a fancy shot timer but I can use a stop watch, this way you can bring a friend over and see who is actually faster / more accurate or just race the stop watch.
          Most smartphones have some free shot timers available, the problem is telling it to only pick up the shooter 3ft away, and not the one 8ft away.

It looks like I'll have a 6 target dueling tree which should be a lot of fun.

Comment

Bowling pins are always a lot of fun as targets. You can normally pick some old ones up at local bowling alleys for a buck a piece.

I know there's a few different games that people play with them at ranges.
            A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

Turner's also has the bowling pins.

Comment

Working...
              X