Good Scanner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Scanner?

What is a good scanner to have? Any that are mod friendly?

Lots of choices, but I like to scan 35mm negatives, so I get one that does that well. Just think of the #1 thing you want to scan and go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
      Lots of choices, but I like to scan 35mm negatives, so I get one that does that well. Just think of the #1 thing you want to scan and go from there.
      I am pretty sure lokni is talking about rf scanners... I personally have an ancient 800mhz radio shack trunk scanner.. with like 300 channel memory... I haven't need to buy a new one in 8 or so years. Alot of the newer models suck for modding, unless you take it to a ham shack and play it low.

Comment

Oh in that case I have the best scanner. Picks up cell phones, too much fun.

I did see one in Japan that scanned a continuous frequency band from like 25KHz to 900MHz without missing a beat. Can you get those in the US?

Comment

I did see one in Japan that scanned a continuous frequency band from like 25KHz to 900MHz without missing a beat. Can you get those in the US?
          mmmmmm... no blocked frequencies....

must cost a pretty coin to get here.

Comment

It was about $700 there.

Comment

It was about $700 there.
              I keep saying to myself ... after the con... after the con...

Comment

It'd make a great door prize if you ask me. Offer it to the last person who pisses Priest off.

Comment

Offer it to the last person who pisses Priest off.
                  Ack! that is a list that no one would want to be on.

Comment

It'd make a great door prize if you ask me. Offer it to the last person who pisses Priest off.
                    as what a buryial(sp) gift
                    you piss him off well bury you with it
                    Nuke 'um till they glow
                    then shoot 'um in the dark
                    babalyon(sp)5

Comment

Are cell phone mods the only good ones out there? Also, who is Priest and how can I piss him off?

Comment

Originally posted by lokni
                        Also, who is Priest and how can I piss him off?
                        Meet up with me at the con, I will give you a few pointers.. but I you have to sign this release form here first... and I get the rights to the video footage...

Comment

I wonder what Priest does 9-5. He must be a Kindergarten principal. I think that is the only job that can truly prepare you for what the con will do to you.

Comment

He must be a Kindergarten principal.
                            "It's not a tumor!"

Comment

Oh in that case I have the best scanner. Picks up cell phones, too much fun.

Buy them out of Canada and have them shipped here. I personally like the AOR AR8200, which, if I were going to buy just a scanner, I would probably have as the top-of-the-list choice.

Also, if all you want is to pick up AMPS cellular conversations, just get an Oki 900. They're cheap now (in the $5-$10 range), and have what is probably the best ability of *any* scanner to handle cellular.

Comment

Working...
                              X