Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Scanner?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by skroo
    if I were going to buy just a scanner, I would probably have as the top-of-the-list choice.
    Thanks for the tip, I think I will upgrading my scanner sometime soon.. :)

    Comment


    • #17
      BearCat 245XLT

      http://www.durhamradio.com/bearcat-scanner-bc245xlt.htm

      Does trunking, general scanning.

      Also has a serial interface if you wish to control it via the PC. It's
      also easy to code for as you just have to send straight serial
      commands. I have a couple of scripts I have been working on to
      ul/dl frequience lists. I have the docs for the commands if anyone
      is interested.

      They also have pre-made win32 software for it too.
      " I want to believe all of these things? But you caught me at a bad moment and I can't. "

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by astcell
        Oh in that case I have the best scanner. Picks up cell phones, too much fun.

        I did see one in Japan that scanned a continuous frequency band from like 25KHz to 900MHz without missing a beat. Can you get those in the US?
        No from what i know those are illegal in US... Beside they are legal in Canada so if you plan a trip to canada we have all the unlocked version of those scanner no need to modify them :)
        /* NO COMMENT */

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by replicant
          BearCat 245XLT

          http://www.durhamradio.com/bearcat-scanner-bc245xlt.htm

          Does trunking, general scanning.

          Also has a serial interface if you wish to control it via the PC. It's
          also easy to code for as you just have to send straight serial
          commands. I have a couple of scripts I have been working on to
          ul/dl frequience lists. I have the docs for the commands if anyone
          is interested.

          They also have pre-made win32 software for it too.
          Talking of serial interface and control via PC here is my dream scanner http://www.winradio.com/ They are somewhat expensive(800 CAN$ to 5000) but are truly integrated with a PC(Windows or Linux) and very powerfull some of these scanner go up to 4GHz... Oh yea I know nothing in radio scanning but I would like to get one of those winradio :)
          /* NO COMMENT */

          Comment


          • #20
            Trunking has mixed blessings, I had a Bearcat that was 25 channel trunk capable. Trouble was the folks I wanted to monitoe used 48 fequencies, so I could only load half the channel!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by astcell
              Trunking has mixed blessings,
              I have a couple of trunked radios that I bought around last year or so... but I never picked up the programmers for them... :(

              Comment


              • #22
                scanner

                If you're thinking about getting a scanner... check out the ComTEL 610 (actually it's a repackaged Albrecht). Goes all the way from 100khz to 2065mhz (yups, 2 gig), FM/AM/WFM/USB/LSB/CW. And all of that for just 400$... Really the best thingie available, me thinks.

                Cheers,
                sent

                Comment


                • #23
                  ComTEL 610... not on Ebay, where do you get it?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by astcell
                    ComTEL 610... not on Ebay, where do you get it?
                    He was talking about it on IRC... and got it in belgium ... sigh ... doesn't look like we will be finding it anywhere local or, "legally" that is - the range stated has no gaps.. ;)

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Dang, we put men on the moon but we can't make a cool scanner or cell phone. Europe and Asia are set!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by astcell
                        Dang, we put men on the moon but we can't make a cool scanner or cell phone. Europe and Asia are set!
                        i think most cell companies are losing money... they can't figure out why.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Yea, and the prices on the west coast are horrible. I think they feel folks in CA are loaded.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by astcell
                            Yea, and the prices on the west coast are horrible. I think they feel folks in CA are loaded.
                            For all the money they charge i would at least except to get decent service... at the IU meet someone said that they figured out how the cell companies work...
                            The give you a rate, and then monitor where you work, and where you live, and perhaps where you go to school.. then they black those three site clusters off, so the cell isn't used when it is most likely used... it was too funny... btw, i can't tell jokes.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I called AT&T from my cell phone to report one location where I'd always lose a call. Guaranteed, 100%, every single time when I drove by this place, the call dropped.

                              The gal at customer service asked, "Are you at that location right now?"

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by astcell
                                The gal at customer service asked, "Are you at that location right now?"
                                Hahaha certainly sounds like a blonde... , though perhaps she wanted to triangulate your position to find out what cell sites may be dropping you?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X