Homebrew Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homebrew Wars

This is last minute, but we are still in the 2 week fermentation window for most beers.

I spoke with many people last year about a Homebrew Tasting Tent or something of the sort. Here was the idea.

The brewers will serve plastic cups of their brews at a common table and drinkers will submit scores for each brew. Brewers will be responsible for serving and carding tasters.
    The event would be a sub event of the Toxic BBQ. Not hosted by the BBQ, but organized by the brewers themselves. (So you might need a tent and a table)

I lost contact with all those who were interested. At the moment the Toxic BBQ does not have a location, so I don't know if there will be tables, if we will have room for an event, and what restrictions that will be in place at the new location.

This event will be totally dependent upon the location of the Toxic BBQ. If there's enough interest I will see what I can do to make it happen. Worst case you bring a batch of beer, and everyone drinks it.. Just no voting table.

If you plan to bring a homebrew let me know on this thread, and I will try to keep everyone updated, just keep an eye on the Toxic BBQ thread as to where the BBQ will be held.

If enough people are interested I will put the details up on www.ToxicBBQ.com

I for one will be bringing a batch of cider to the BBQ, as well as a revised version of "Toxic Jerky".

This isn't an official announcement, consider this is a "Get The Beer Brewing" announcement in case things fall into place. We can never have enough beer at the BBQ.
    Last edited by [Syntax]; June 29, 2011, 02:51.

Re: Homebrew Wars

Originally posted by [Syntax] View Post
    This is last minute, but we are still in the 2 week fermentation window for most beers.

I spoke with many people last year about a Homebrew Tasting Tent or something of the sort. Here was the idea.

The brewers will serve plastic cups of their brews at a common table and drinkers will submit scores for each brew. Brewers will be responsible for serving and carding tasters.
    The event would be a sub event of the Toxic BBQ. Not hosted by the BBQ, but organized by the brewers themselves. (So you might need a tent and a table)

I lost contact with all those who were interested. At the moment the Toxic BBQ does not have a location, so I don't know if there will be tables, if we will have room for an event, and what restrictions that will be in place at the new location.

This event will be totally dependent upon the location of the Toxic BBQ. If there's enough interest I will see what I can do to make it happen. Worst case you bring a batch of beer, and everyone drinks it.. Just no voting table.

If you plan to bring a homebrew let me know on this thread, and I will try to keep everyone updated, just keep an eye on the Toxic BBQ thread as to where the BBQ will be held.

If enough people are interested I will put the details up on www.ToxicBBQ.com

I for one will be bringing a batch of cider to the BBQ, as well as a revised version of "Toxic Jerky".

This isn't an official announcement, consider this is a "Get The Beer Brewing" announcement in case things fall into place. We can never have enough beer at the BBQ.
    Though it i past the deadline, get information to Pyr0 on this, and maybe we can roll out a forum for it.

Thanks!

Comment

I have some homebrewed Stout I can bring as well. My cider is a bit scary... I think 10% ABV put it beyond most peoples taste ranges.

I have a few kegs, but no idea on how I could possibly get them out there for the event. I also have a Keezer, but same problem

Comment

I have a Vanilla Bourbon Porter and an IPA in the fermenter. Also not sure how I would get it there - bottle and ship to myself at the hotel?

Comment

Working...
        X