Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadly, they haven't posted the info here or to their site yet. But they did post to their facebook.

Mixer will be in the DJ chillout space per usual.

Fri night event should be in "multi-use/party" #4.

https://www.defcon.org/images/defcon...-floorplan.png

Use the image link below (next post)
    Last edited by HighWiz; July 7, 2011, 21:00. Reason: added shit
    And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Re: Location

Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
    Sadly, they haven't posted the info here or to their site yet. But they did post to their facebook.

Mixer will be in the DJ chillout space per usual.

Fri night event should be in "multi-use/party" #4.

https://www.defcon.org/images/​defco...-floorplan.png
    bad link, extra garbage chars in there

this link is what was meant

Comment

Originally posted by qumqats View Post
      bad link, extra garbage chars in there

this link is what was meant

It's interesting 'cuz that's the same url I originally posted.. Hrm, but after clicking on mine again, I see what you mean. Weird stuff.
      And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

FB queercon group has been pretty active. Not so much here. If anyone's looking for info search us on FB, you'll find us. If you don't have a FB, create one then search us. Simple eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Xr@y View Post
          FB queercon group has been pretty active. Not so much here. If anyone's looking for info search us on FB, you'll find us. If you don't have a FB, create one then search us. Simple eh?
          Or not......

Comment

Originally posted by Xr@y View Post

Or you could post a link like the rest of us with FB pages do. Quite a cavalier attitude really and kind of turns me off from thinking about visiting the page. Not having a FB page should not be considered a disadvantage and cause the user of the forums to feel left out or unwelcome. Which is pretty much what your comment just did. "You aren't leet enough to get our infoz, get more leetz first."
            "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

Originally posted by eris View Post
              "You aren't leet enough to get our infoz, get more leetz first."
              You didn't just call facebook, and/or having a facebook account, leet... did you??

Not that I don't agree with the sentiment. I'm not a big fan of facebook, and so posting information so people who dont have a facebook account is a good plan.
              Of course its fully cooked... we had it set on "linen".

Comment

Originally posted by Salem View Post
                You didn't just call facebook, and/or having a facebook account, leet... did you??
                Nope. I deny everything. You can't prove it. The butler did it.
                "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

Originally posted by eris View Post
                  Or you could post a link like the rest of us with FB pages do. Quite a cavalier attitude really and kind of turns me off from thinking about visiting the page. Not having a FB page should not be considered a disadvantage and cause the user of the forums to feel left out or unwelcome. Which is pretty much what your comment just did. "You aren't leet enough to get our infoz, get more leetz first."
                  So not sure why my post came off with attitude or l33tism, that wasn't the intent. Merely to let everyone know where there are people exchanging information. As far as a link, just didn't cross my mind. Here it is: http://www.facebook.com/groups/126504813280/?ap=1

I looked like crazy here, fb and everywhere for info last year and found different information sources so I just mainly wanted to inform everyone of that one too.

Peace.

Comment

Fuck facebook.

You really don't want to hear my rant on that...

Carry on.

Comment

Thanks HighWiz for posting this. We're into the final count-down to the con. We'll see you all Friday!

Comment

Originally posted by LosT View Post
                        Fuck facebook.

You really don't want to hear my rant on that...

Carry on.
                        Facebook is a tool. Nothing more and nothing less. Not worth getting emotional about it. The simple reality is that its more useful and convenient for discussions than the defcon forums. In two years - something else will replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjet View Post
                          Facebook is a tool. Nothing more and nothing less. Not worth getting emotional about it. The simple reality is that its more useful and convenient for discussions than the defcon forums. In two years - something else will replace it.
                          Facebook USERS are tools.

That was setup too well to pass up...

"In any service that you utilize for free, YOU are the commodity."

And who said I was emotional? Perfectly logical conclusions can be drawn without emotional involvement.

Hence the "carry on" -

But nice first post in telling me I shouldn't be emotional.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjet View Post
                            The simple reality is that its more useful and convenient for discussions than the defcon forums.
                            Actually, the convenience you talk about may be a very short sited benefit. It may be easier for the here and now but it's not the best for the long run.

I find that for searching information and for historical information like when was X event held the last few years or to understand the history behind issues that involve past cons the Defcon Forum is much more useful and valuable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bbox View Post
                              Actually, the convenience you talk about may be a very short sited benefit. It may be easier for the here and now but it's not the best for the long run.

I find that for searching information and for historical information like when was X event held the last few years or to understand the history behind issues that involve past cons the Defcon Forum is much more useful and valuable.
                              Basic rule of communication 101. Multi-channel. I use that a lot in my dealings with groups and organizations, each channel has their strengths and weaknesses but but putting the message(s) out on multiple channels of communication, you get the widest practical dissemination. I personally like defcon forums MUCH. But, as most of us here have noticed, participation and activity is sometimes random and ad-hoc.

Comment

Working...
                              X