Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a Team?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking for a Team?

    I know a couple of teams have some open spots and are making them available to anyone interested. So figured we should have a thread for it.


    To start, if there is anyone who is new to Defcon and is interested in this contest, Team Hactar has an open spot for you. Just PM myself or WiK.

  • #2
    Re: Looking for a Team?

    Originally posted by DiscipleOfJude View Post
    I know a couple of teams have some open spots and are making them available to anyone interested. So figured we should have a thread for it.


    To start, if there is anyone who is new to Defcon and is interested in this contest, Team Hactar has an open spot for you. Just PM myself or WiK.
    Our team has filled up now, but if you are still interested in joining a team, post it here anyway.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Looking for a Team?

      Can someone tell me if spectators are welcome?. I've never seen a contest like this before and I have no idea how to contribute to a team, but I would like to learn with an eye toward next year.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Looking for a Team?

        Hey first timer at DefCon looking to just jump in if anyone wants someone on your team I love stuff like this though I am not at all pro
        i laugh too hard at myself far too often to care about laughing at other people

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Looking for a Team?

          Originally posted by DiscipleOfJude View Post
          Our team has filled up now, but if you are still interested in joining a team, post it here anyway.
          I'm new but I'd like to give it a try.


          Rivka

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Looking for a Team?

            I posted this in the sign up forum as well:

            I have two people who would like to be on a team, if anyone has room. This would be our first challenge, but you gotta start somewhere, right? Let me know if someone has a few spots open!

            arkansasclp

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Looking for a Team?

              So WTF_Team 3 has openings as well. No skill necessary, especially if you are wealthy enough to bribe judges.

              Hey DoJ I just got those 20 truck seals in today. Going to play with them at the DCG tomorrow; if we actually figure the *%#* things out, I'll do some bragging!
              The f*ck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon? - chs

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Looking for a Team?

                Originally posted by snideology View Post
                So WTF_Team 3 has openings as well. No skill necessary, especially if you are wealthy enough to bribe judges.

                Hey DoJ I just got those 20 truck seals in today. Going to play with them at the DCG tomorrow; if we actually figure the *%#* things out, I'll do some bragging!
                Nice. Which ones are the truck seals? Can't wait to see what you got.

                We should all really come up with a standard way to refer to seals, since everyone comes up with their own terms.

                - doj

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Looking for a Team?

                  Regarding seal nomenclature & terminology, I usually bow to Uline, or the LANL specifications. However, apparently I failed that somewhat, because at Uline they properly refer to them as 'METAL TRUCK SEALS.' i.e., the metal ones with the ball.

                  And we did indeed get them open, and I will gladly share with you how they work. We have not yet picked them (man, those guys last year were good!), but it's a start. If I get the pics from someone, I will try to email you the mechanics of it. They really are rather elegant in their simplicity. Also check out this document by LANL; good reading on the trip to the con.
                  The f*ck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon? - chs

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Looking for a Team?

                    We have 4 on our team if anybody wants to jump in. Anybody is welcome - it's our first team attempt.
                    _____________________
                    Mongo

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Looking for a Team?

                      looking for team, wanting to play mcguyver-style - ping me on AIM: cereaphic. will edit this when taken.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Looking for a Team?

                        Thought about doing this for a while, but my Defcon buddies bailed on me. Saw datagram's talk this morning and wanted to try this even more. If anyone has room for a noob, let me know. I'm new at this, but not a complete mouthbreather.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X