X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modafinil
    replied
    Re: Defcon Shoot Shirt Orders

If you have any extras on your hands, I'll buy one, if it fits.

Originally posted by flirzan View Post
    I just got confirmation from the Rio that the shirts arrived this morning.

Leave a comment:

• flirzan
    replied

I just got confirmation from the Rio that the shirts arrived this morning. Assuming they don't throw them away before I get there tomorrow afternoon we should be good to go.

I will be sending everyone who pre-ordered a shirt an email later this evening with all of my contact details. If you want to contact me prior to the shoot to make arrangements to pick up your shirt(s) I will do my best to make that happen.

Further details to follow...

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

your only hope is buying extras at the Shoot site. i don't want to speak for flizran, but in past years something i've seen done was open up purchases to anyone when we break in between hour 1 and hour 2...

anyone who is shooting on hour 1 should get there early enough to handle their purchase during the 09:00 to 10:00 setup session. anyone shooting during hour 2 should SURELY have time to make it to the sales table before 10:00 rolls around.

but i'll let flizran dictate the actual terms.

Leave a comment:

• flirzan
    replied

Ok, that's it, it's official. NO MORE SHIRT ORDERS. I've approved the final proof and the shirts are now being printed, so it is too late to add anything to the order. If you didn't get your order in you will have the opportunity to purchase one of the limited number of extra shirts at the shoot.

Leave a comment:

• pukingmonkey
    replied

I will have a friend with me who will be handling shirt distribution at the site while we're setting everything up, and I will likely handle the rest of it myself while he's on the firing line.
    that'd be me, so if there's still t-shirts to be purchased at the range while the morning set-up is going on, for your ease of finding me, i'll be the one wearing a dc19 shoot t-shirt .... well ok then just look for a bright orange hustler turf baseball cap. what's that? looks just like this

Leave a comment:

• Picch
    replied

Hey flirzan,
    myself and 4 coworkers just registered for the shoot and missed out on the shirt order. Are we able to stake a claim on any of your extra shirts that were ordered now? Or are they being reserved for first come first serve at the shoot?

Leave a comment:

• flirzan
    replied

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
    Have you considered announcing a deadline-time for picking up shirts? Like, "If you have not paid for your shirt or made other arrangements by the time the 2nd round of shooting/lane-reservations begins, then your shirt can be sold to anyone else, first come, first-served."

This way, you decrease the risk of having tons of extra shirts, and encourage people to be responsible or miss an opportunity to get their shirt.
    This is a good idea, thank you for mentioning it. I will figure out how I want to work that and make an announcement soon.

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
    Also, if you plan to sell shirts to people while they gather at the meeting location, you might be able to lighten your load and what you might have to transport to the site.

Have you chosen when and where Tee-Shirts will be available for sale?

HTH,
    -Cot
    I had been tossing the idea around of doing just that, so I think I will likely do it. If we can get some of the shirts distributed at the meetup before the convoy it will make life a little easier. I will have a friend with me who will be handling shirt distribution at the site while we're setting everything up, and I will likely handle the rest of it myself while he's on the firing line.

Watch this space for an update soon, I'll let everybody know what we're doing about logistics.

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied

If you reserved a shirt and you aren't going to make the shoot or have now decided you don't want a shirt, PLEASE let me know, so that I can offer that shirt to others who weren't able to get their order in for whatever reason. If I wind up losing very much on the shirts this year I won't be able to convince my partner to underwrite them next year.
    Have you considered announcing a deadline-time for picking up shirts? Like, "If you have not paid for your shirt or made other arrangements by the time the 2nd round of shooting/lane-reservations begins, then your shirt can be sold to anyone else, first come, first-served."

This way, you decrease the risk of having tons of extra shirts, and encourage people to be responsible or miss an opportunity to get their shirt.

Allowing people to make other arrangements permits you to sell ahead of time, or help people with special arrangements as much or as little as you want. (FYI, in case you have not been to the site, phone service is pretty much no service. I think someone that had Verizon said they had a signal but most other people with other carriers had no signal at all for roaming or not, and no data at all. Because of this, you probably should not expect to be able to check email or web from the site.)

Also, if you plan to sell shirts to people while they gather at the meeting location, you might be able to lighten your load and what you might have to transport to the site.

Have you chosen when and where Tee-Shirts will be available for sale?

HTH,
    -Cot

Leave a comment:

• flirzan
    replied

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
    Sent order, but might be late ..crap.
    Dallas, you are late, as I placed the order about 9:30 this morning. I'll see if I can get them to add one shirt, and let you know.

To everyone else: Pre-orders are now closed. I order 10 extra shirts, all in size L, XL and 2XL, these will be available on a first-come first-served basis at the shoot, or after the shoot, if there are any left.

Due to the intricacy of the design we had to do a digital print, so my costs went up quite a bit, but I'm still going to be able to honor the price point I set. If you reserved a shirt and you aren't going to make the shoot or have now decided you don't want a shirt, PLEASE let me know, so that I can offer that shirt to others who weren't able to get their order in for whatever reason. If I wind up losing very much on the shirts this year I won't be able to convince my partner to underwrite them next year.

I look forward to meeting everybody in a couple weeks!

Leave a comment:

• flirzan
    replied

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
    or would it be "forever hold your piece"

(rim shot)

thank you, folks... i'll be here all week. be sure to tip your Rum Wenches.
    Funny thing is I typed exactly that last night, and then went back and changed it...

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied

Sent order, but might be late ..crap.

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post

(rim shot)

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

about 12 hours left until the order goes in, if you want a shirt speak now or forever hold your peace.

(rim shot)

Leave a comment:

• flirzan
    replied

about 12 hours left until the order goes in, if you want a shirt speak now or forever hold your peace.

Leave a comment:

• flirzan
    replied

Only about 48 hours left to get your order in! If you want a shirt now is the time to let me know.

We are currently at 73 shirts reserved, for those keeping score at home.

Leave a comment:

• flirzan
    replied

Originally posted by ButterSnatcher View Post
    Do you know what brand the shirts will be? (believe it or not it makes a difference in size for me) or would you say order to the size of something from jinx is comparable?
    Most of the shirts will be Hanes Beefy Tee shirts. The tall and 5-6XL shirts are another brand, which I cannot remember at the moment, but the printer assures me they are of similar quality. I'm not sure what brand shirts jinx uses.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X