Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Join Wardriving Team "WirelessCon Team"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Join Wardriving Team "WirelessCon Team"

    Hi there!

    I'm going to Las Vegas to compete for Wardriving contest, I need somebody to join the "WirelessCON Team". I'm hoping blackwave will to join me, he's one of the best I know so far.

    Cheers...

  • #2
    Re: Join Wardriving Team "WirelessCon Team"

    Originally posted by TheWatcher
    Hi there!

    I'm going to Las Vegas to compete for Wardriving contest, I need somebody to join the "WirelessCON Team". I'm hoping blackwave will to join me, he's one of the best I know so far.

    Cheers...
    Greetings,
    In case you haven't already, make sure you check out the official announcement at : http://www.securitytribe.com/wardrive.html
    Then send Chris@defcon.org an email listing what you have hardware-wise, if you need or have a ride... etc. This way we can help in creating teams for those who don't already have teams.

    Thanks for the compliment :)

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes, I read this information. If I can't form a team, then that's my last resort.

      Thanks man.

      Comment


      • #4
        Well, I don't have the experience blackwave does and don't think I'll have time to play ahead (still waiting on shipments), but fully expect to be able to pick it up on the spot. I have updated my list of gear since I last posted to the following:

        Dell Inspiron 8100, probably running 2k server
        Lucent Wavelan Silver card
        Lucent/Avaya Orinoco Gold card
        Garmin eTrex Legend
        (2) Antenex 14.5dB Yagi antennas (need mounting suggestions)
        Compaq Presario 1240 running linux (for airsnort, maybe kismet, etc)
        400W power inverter

        Could bring Jornada 720, although don't have linux running on it, so it probably wouldn't be too helpful. Also have a linksys AP that I hate, but could bring it for a spare AP in the car if wanted

        Have been looking to put together a team since inception, but last I knew it was all up in the air still. PM or email me if interested... If not I'll be waiting out the autoteaming process.. blackwave / chris, should I email updated equipment, or is this post enough?
        if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

        Comment


        • #5
          c0nv3r9

          This post is good enough. We got together last nite to start putting things in a more concrete sense (you will note the updates to the announcement page, slight rule clarifications have been posted).
          We also started talking about the teams. Most of the teams will be put together Friday evening of Con. That way (we hope) we will be able to best match people who don't have full teams with others that will best suit. Also, once on site, it will probably be a little easier to put teams together amongst yourselves.

          blah blah blah...more info to come later all that crap.
          perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by c0nv3r9
            Well, I don't have the experience blackwave does and don't think I'll have time to play ahead (still waiting on shipments), but fully expect to be able to pick it up on the spot. I have updated my list of gear since I last posted to the following:

            Dell Inspiron 8100, probably running 2k server
            Lucent Wavelan Silver card
            Lucent/Avaya Orinoco Gold card
            Garmin eTrex Legend
            (2) Antenex 14.5dB Yagi antennas (need mounting suggestions)
            Compaq Presario 1240 running linux (for airsnort, maybe kismet, etc)
            400W power inverter

            Could bring Jornada 720, although don't have linux running on it, so it probably wouldn't be too helpful. Also have a linksys AP that I hate, but could bring it for a spare AP in the car if wanted

            Have been looking to put together a team since inception, but last I knew it was all up in the air still. PM or email me if interested... If not I'll be waiting out the autoteaming process.. blackwave / chris, should I email updated equipment, or is this post enough?
            This is good enough, when do you plan to go there so I can adjust my schedule...

            We need kismet for passive scan, netstumbler will not provide all information we need to win the game.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TheWatcher
              netstumbler will not provide all information we need to win the game.
              Why do you say that ? NS gets most of the APs that are broadcasting... chances are the ones retrieved with Kismet will be blank SSIDs... Damn.. I can't give away all the secrets!

              Also you may have an issue having Kismet exporting to the correct format... I have noticed this on a few other boards.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by blackwave


                Why do you say that ? NS gets most of the APs that are broadcasting... chances are the ones retrieved with Kismet will be blank SSIDs... Damn.. I can't give away all the secrets!

                Also you may have an issue having Kismet exporting to the correct format... I have noticed this on a few other boards.

                blackwave,
                We are on the same forum for Netstumbler. I still use Netstumbler as my primary tool but I will use kissmet for other secret use hahaha...

                Comment


                • #9
                  My flight should be in late Weds afternoon / early evening. I'm definately up for any prep work before Friday registration / the Sat. run occurs. I also have a set of some (4) cheap Uniden FRS440 radios if those would be handy for some reason...
                  if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    i wanna play

                    i would love to do it but i only have a labtop and thats about it no GPS or anything but if i can do it with that let me know.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: i wanna play

                      Originally posted by Fused
                      i would love to do it but i only have a labtop and thats about it no GPS or anything but if i can do it with that let me know.
                      Normally you would have at least three devices:
                      1. Some form of a computer (laptop, pc, pda) that would support:
                      2. Some type of 802.11b card compatible with whatever software you are using to scan and log:
                      3. Some type of GPS device that would send the application sentences.

                      ... otherwise if you can drive that would also be an asset to a team that needed a driver/vehicle.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        TheWatcher... sorry man, I've gotta back out of the team spot. It turns out that the original team member I had started planning with will be wardriving that day, so plans are still on with him. Sorry for any trouble, but all readers, this team still is open as originally posted above
                        if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          No worries, the show must go on...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Allready got my group together


                            muahahahahahha


                            <Mr Burns voice> "Excellent"

                            its all about strategy man!!

                            I just need to figure out how to dodge the F-16's and FCC nazi's in my 1000watt amp low flying copter fly over!! hehehe
                            Livin it up in the digital metropolis known as Tokyo.
                            Tokyo's 2600 web page: www.tokyo2600.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              well lets see what other software is there for sniffing for wireless networks beside netstumbler?
                              There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

                              - Henry David Thoreau

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X