flirzan
    4Footed
    Nuclear Steve
    Dr. Tran

2nd shift
    majornerd
    dan
    J.T.

NOTE - it seems we have a pretty good handle on volunteers now here. thank you to all who signed up, i've emailed you all to confirm this... if there are any difficulties please let me know AS SOON AS YOU CAN.

the 2nd shift is a little smaller because, hopefully, by then we'll be really hitting our stride and everyone will know what they're doing. also, if we are REALLY slammed some 1st shift folk have said they are willing to work 2nd shift... people like Mike, etc.

hopefully this will all work out. we are a little bit in the red for costs and such right now, but i'm sticking with the original plan of free entry for RSOs and use of some staff lanes.

(the staff lanes will likely be 3 lanes under one of the 10' canopies. this is a little narrower than the other paid customer lanes, but three staff folk at a time should be more than able to handle themselves at the firing line with a meter of space to each of them.)
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: RSO & Staff list - final roster

Deviant: based on projected sales I'm probably going to wind up making some money on the shirts. I will happily donate any of those profits to cover the underrun on your end, or pay for my lane, or both, as necessary.

*Edit: whoops, didn't mean to quote your entire post...
    Last edited by flirzan; July 16, 2011, 11:32. Reason: formatting

Comment

Originally posted by flirzan View Post
      I will happily donate any of those profits to cover the underrun
      that's very awesome of you, but premature. let's see where we are day-of, since an additional 16 or 17 people registering at $20 will cover everything nicely.

i think we're going to see some (possibly a lot) of confused people showing up who didn't understand that there was a registration system.

the best way that you (and indeed everyone else) can assist the heath of the event is to be aware of who is and who isn't a badge-wearing, registered attendee. if non-regged people attempt to use the official lanes or hang out in the chillout tent or take our chairs, etc... just politely but clearly inform them where registration is (either Shoot Shop or just have folk come find me) and let them know that these facilities are paid for by those who have registered.

after all, i don't think anyone here wants to see any free-riders essentially making use of the things that everyone else here ponied up money to pay for.
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
        that's very awesome of you, but premature. let's see where we are day-of, since an additional 16 or 17 people registering at $20 will cover everything nicely.
        The offer stands.

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
          after all, i don't think anyone here wants to see any free-riders essentially making use of the things that everyone else here ponied up money to pay for.
          Too late to reserve a tent any more though, right?

Comment

Originally posted by john.petrucci View Post
            Too late to reserve a tent any more though, right?
            sadly, that is correct. however, lanes can still be reserved... i put some extra tables on the rental. (tables were $10, tent covers were $100... hence i couldn't make that bet as easily)
            - Trent Reznor

Comment

Working...
            X