Aussie who would love to participate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie who would love to participate!

We don't get a chance to fire guns even close to what you can handle in America!

Last year, stupid jet lag had me sleep through my alarm and I missed the shoot.
    This year, I will be setting multiple alarms and will have another Aussie who is also keen to shoot. We will not miss it this year!
    I don't know what ammo to bring, but I will be happy to throw in fairly heavily for the opportunity to participate. I think it is great that many of you are generous enough to allow us poor people in more restrictive countries a chance to try out your firepower.
    I can't wait!

PS... I will be at Caesars that morning, is anyone leaving from there? Would be keen to throw in for a good bit of extra ammo if someone is able to drive us from there!
    One of gods own prototypes.
    Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Re: Aussie who would love to participate!

Originally posted by TheBigMan View Post
    We don't get a chance to fire guns even close to what you can handle in America!
    that's part of the reason i love to host this event. and the reason why folk like you can get in for a $5 discount.

I think it is great that many of you are generous enough to allow us poor people in more restrictive countries a chance to try out your firepower.
    I can't wait!
    it may be a pipe dream of mine that people in Commonwealth nations remember their heritage of being rough-and-tumble explorers and such. maybe you're not all going to head home and vote out/overthrow/behead the awful leaders who are stealing all of your rights... but at least i can try to plant as many seeds as possible that one day might blossom into something new if your climate ever changes politically.

I will be at Caesars that morning, is anyone leaving from there?
    i haven't seen anyone post about that yet in the ride sharing thread, but with Black Hat still going on there must be some other folk i'd suspect.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

So appreciative of the opportunity!
      I am a little bemused by the fact that I am spending less than the people that bring the hardware. However, I do understand the premise of your strategy and think that it is cool.
      As far as I am concerned, it is just an extra $5 I can spend on ammo for generous sharers.
      Is it enough for me to bring ammo money, or is there something more I can do to help out on behalf of the "un-frees"?

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
      it may be a pipe dream of mine that people in Commonwealth nations remember their heritage of being rough-and-tumble explorers and such. maybe you're not all going to head home and vote out/overthrow/behead the awful leaders who are stealing all of your rights... but at least i can try to plant as many seeds as possible that one day might blossom into something new if your climate ever changes politically.
      It is my experience that these things only move in one direction. Once you lose rights, you can't get them back until there is a complete overhaul of the system.
      One of gods own prototypes.
      Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Comment

Yay! Un-Frees of the world unite... so long as local enforcement and laws allow us to do so <sigh>

.. or is there something more I can do to help out on behalf of the "un-frees"?

Comment

As far as I am concerned, it is just an extra $5 I can spend on ammo for generous sharers.
          hehe, that was partially the idea.
          "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
          - Trent Reznor

Comment

Working...
          X