Hardware Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware Swap

I have a Logitech Revue I would like to trade. It works great - but I like my HTPC better.

Perhaps an old small FPGA or a bump hammer or some small micro-controller dev kit? Anything sitting around your place that is sorta cool you aren't using...

Or maybe a few vodkas would do the trick?

Anyway, lemme know if you are interested... all offers considered.

Re: Hardware Swap

Along these lines, we cannot have 'sales' going on in the HHV, however I think swapping stuff is a great idea.

I also encourage people to bring stuff others may like and just leave it out- we will have a table marked "free"-

Comment

Originally posted by LosT View Post
      Along these lines, we cannot have 'sales' going on in the HHV, however I think swapping stuff is a great idea.

I also encourage people to bring stuff others may like and just leave it out- we will have a table marked "free"-
      I may contribute to that table. I've been reducing the number of items I own, and tech is hard to find a home for, even if it's useful tech.

I'm not looking to trade, but it would be nice to know that I could find a home for random items that would be useful to someone else.

Comment

Funny story-

I've taken robot chassis off a table at another conference (the "free" table)- and since you take stuff for free you feel this (at least I do) weird sense of obligation to do something really great with it.

We aren't looking for junk, nor are we looking for old towers or the sort- the perfect thing for a table like this : left-over components, ver. 1.0 of projects, etc...that others can build with (scavenge chaff can be good, but for a con it cuts down on the just plain old junk-)

LosT

Comment

Originally posted by LosT View Post
          We aren't looking for junk, nor are we looking for old towers or the sort- the perfect thing for a table like this : left-over components, ver. 1.0 of projects, etc...that others can build with (scavenge chaff can be good, but for a con it cuts down on the just plain old junk-)

LosT
          You bring up a really good point. Most of what I'm thinking of is odd connectors that are hard to find, random new-in-box items I just don't need, and some other odds and ends. Anything older is still in use (one of my DNS servers is an old Compaq from 1995), or already gone to hazmat, with a few exceptions.

Comment

I'll see if I can bring some more Aviya phones, lots of interesting parts to scavenge off them like LCDs mics and optical gates.

Comment

Working...
            X