Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slight change to meetup location

NOTICE - NOTICE - NOTICE - NOTICE - NOTICE - NOTICE

our original info was not 100% accurate... the Rotunda will be off-limits until 08:00 sharp when reg start rolling. thus, we will meet in the hallway directly leading to that spot.

let's all gather out front of the Rio Business Center. there are similar exit doors there that lead directly out to the parking lot, etc.

i'll try to email all of the attendees about this, too.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: slight change to meetup location

Update from deviant via twitter

"yeah, so Shoot folk are gathered near pay phones next to rio bus center"

This is because the queue for badge/registration is now three lines deep and has filled the area outside the business center

Comment

thank you to everyone who managed to find one another and make it out to the shoot site that morning. i don't think anybody expected the crowding to be such an issue, but we all rolled with it well.

Goons were terrific about directing lost souls, and i believe we found the absolute best place for the caravan people to meet... in the large vestibule that is immediately adjacent to the Rio Business Center.

Payphones were an easily-identified spot, but not as ideal as the doors that lead directly outside. So i'll update the web page next year with this information, and i look forward to seeing everyone who comes out.
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

And thanks again to you and the RSOs for all the effort and organization put in to the event, it really got my first Defcon off to a great start.

So, who has photos? :)

Comment

Working...
        X