Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DefCon 19 Forum Meet

Originally posted by Rikof View Post
    I was a little hesitant about it, since I'm not that big of a chatter and even English is not my first language,
    Rykof

Not only was your English just fine you were very interesting to talk with. It was really nice meeting you and I look forward to seeing you next year. One of these years we will have to meet at GreyCliff and and have a great meal!

Comment

I was a bit of a jerk when I showed up at the forum meet. I am not sure why but at the time I was a bit aggravated and I seem to recall me not being so nice. BBox, I remember you giving me stickers and I wanted to thank you for that. You did a great job on your first year organizing the event so if my "drive by" visit irritated anyone, I want to apologize. No excuses, we were all overworked what with the size of the location and the huge crowd and I shouldn't have let it effect my interactions. Next year, I will make up for it, and be a nice eris with an avatar badge and everything.
      "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

I'm disappointed in myself for missing the forum meet! However, the stickers were awesome. The goons wearing the "Have a question" stickers put a giggle in my face. Unfortunately, I couldn't be at both the Goon Band and the forum meet at the same time, and I'd already decided to observe the Goon Band with a friend. Hopefully, I'll be able to go to the forum meet next year.

Comment

Originally posted by acoustica View Post
          I'm disappointed in myself for missing the forum meet! However, the stickers were awesome. The goons wearing the "Have a question" stickers put a giggle in my face. Unfortunately, I couldn't be at both the Goon Band and the forum meet at the same time, and I'd already decided to observe the Goon Band with a friend. Hopefully, I'll be able to go to the forum meet next year.
          Well....do you think you made the right decision? Or did we suck?
          perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
            Well....do you think you made the right decision? Or did we suck?
            you guys most certainly did not suck.

Roamer, what are your thoughts on my suggestion that the Forum Meet be moved into the contest area while the stage remains curtained as your equipment gets set up. would tuning be too loud and interfere with people mingling? or would the location be a great way for people in the band to still get to hang out, while slipping back behind the curtain from time to time in order to see that everything is getting set up?

i'd like to have more DEFCON events that flow right into one another, so that people don't have to hustle and blast super-fast from one spot to the next.
            "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
            - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post

..........suggestion that the Forum Meet be moved into the contest area while the stage remains curtained as your equipment gets set up.
              i'd like to have more DEFCON events that flow right into one another, so that people don't have to hustle and blast super-fast from one spot to the next.

I approve this message.
              "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post

Roamer, what are your thoughts on my suggestion that the Forum Meet be moved into the contest area while the stage remains curtained as your equipment gets set up. would tuning be too loud and interfere with people mingling? or would the location be a great way for people in the band to still get to hang out, while slipping back behind the curtain from time to time in order to see that everything is getting set up?

I have no issue with it. This year we played an intro reel (tracks that we liked) while we set up and it was pretty loud, but that was just so people wouldn't be bored. We don't have to do it. We do most of our sound checking and leveling on Thursday night when we practice so during our actual setup for the show we just do a really quick sound check to make sure the levels didn't get borked when we moved the equipment back to QM Thursday night.

Long answer to a short question...real answer is doing the meet in there is fine with me and it really would give GM1 and I (especially) more of a chance to mingle/meet folks. We are usually the quickest to get our sound check done, the drums actually take the longest.
                perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Originally posted by Bbox View Post
                  Rykof

Not only was your English just fine you were very interesting to talk with. It was really nice meeting you and I look forward to seeing you next year. One of these years we will have to meet at GreyCliff and and have a great meal!
                  Thanks, basically I am thinking more about the technical jargon, in which my English is lacking. Well, anytime, just send me a message & come to Nassau (well, at least not this week, We're expecting an hurricane for Thursday)
                  Welcome to the Eternal Return

Comment

Working...
                  X