theNURSE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theNURSE...

I have just seen that theNURSE (a DEFCON goon and speaker) had a stroke and heart attack yesterday and is in a coma in hospital.

I wish him the best of luck and I hope to God that he pulls through!

I also send my regards to his family.

I must also mention that it was thanks to the immediate response from "Blak Dayz" that we did not lose a member of the DEFCON community.
    while 1 == 1:
    print "Help, I've got myself stuck in a loop."

Re: theNURSE...

If you have an information where we can send best wishes, letters of support, or just hugs please let us know here!

Let's see a groundswell of support from the DEF CON community, the Nurse (Brad) is such an inspiration in his enthusiasm for everything he does.

I am about to fly back from Africa and have been out of touch for the last week.

Originally posted by DjDamyard View Post
    I have just seen that theNURSE (a DEFCON goon and speaker) had a stroke and heart attack yesterday and is in a coma in hospital.

I wish him the best of luck and I hope to God that he pulls through!

I also send my regards to his family.

I must also mention that it was thanks to the immediate response from "Blak Dayz" that we did not lose a member of the DEFCON community.
    PGP Key: https://defcon.org/html/links/dtangent.html

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
      If you have an information where we can send best wishes, letters of support, or just hugs please let us know here!

Let's see a groundswell of support from the DEF CON community, the Nurse (Brad) is such an inspiration in his enthusiasm for everything he does.

I am about to fly back from Africa and have been out of touch for the last week.

From what I understand, he's at Jackson Memorial in Miami. It's a world-class emergency/trauma hospital. He's in good hands.
      cows like candy

Comment

Only best wishes and hopes for rapid recovery out to Nurse and his significant other. He's a highlight of my journey to Vegas each year and DT's sentiment of the inspiration he provides is point but almost inadequate. Anyone that has been around Nurse for 5 minutes will understand. He's pretty much the male version of mouse; a true evangelist for security, knowledge, and general life well-being.

For those in concern, both blak dayz and noid are noted information sources, I've seen them posting what scarce updates they can get. Other than that, I'm just as shocked as anyone .. finding this out only minutes prior to typing this post.
        if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

The best of juju to Nurse. A speedy and full recovery.
          "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

Comment

Originally posted by http://twitter.com/#!/leonardchin/status/130078709179887617
            #bradsmith updates: Just visited Brad. Still in ICU and comatose. Mrs Smith is in, and well taken care of. Let's all pray for Brad.
            http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23bradsmith
            while 1 == 1:

Comment

still in comatose, but condition is stable. Doc says next few days will be most crucial. Let's all pray for "The Nurse".
              This is the latest.
              while 1 == 1:

Comment

Been out of touch for a few days. This sucks. theNurse is awesome and I wish him a speedy recovery.
                Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

I am going to be started a small fund to help Brad and Nina with their expenses. If you are interested please ping me at logan @ social - engineer. org

He has been in the hospital for a few days and his wife had to fly in and stay at a hotel.

Let me know your thoughts guys.

Comment

when calling Jackson Memorial i was told that they didn't have a "Brad Smith" per se, but rather someone listed as "Brad Smith <additional name>"

the age range seemed correct, but i don't want to post too much here if there are additional privacy matters involved.

when i spoke to the nurses on staff there, the details of this particular patient were serious enough that he was in a care unit that does not accept gifts or cards at the present time. they could not release specific patient details, but i was able to infer (and slightly SE) that this is indeed theNURSE.

everyone else's sentiments about him are correct. he's an absolutely stellar individual and a wonderful man. the scene is much richer for his being here and i wish him and his family the best. let's hope for good news soon.
                    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                    - Trent Reznor

Comment

Social Engineer.org his set up a donation page for Brad and Nina,

http://www.social-engineer.org/bradsmithdonation/

Comment

Defcon Security will be putting together a donation shortly.

Also I wanted to call out the folks that run the Hacker Halted conference. They paid for Brad's wife to fly in and they are picking up as much of her tab as they can. Good, solid, people in my book.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Originally posted by noid View Post
                          Defcon Security will be putting together a donation shortly.

Also I wanted to call out the folks that run the Hacker Halted conference. They paid for Brad's wife to fly in and they are picking up as much of her tab as they can. Good, solid, people in my book.
                          I met their CEO in Dubai, good guy. Not sure if he had anything to do with the decision, but supports my initial feeling about him.

Comment

Just spoke with theNurse's wife, She is optimistic! He is resting more comfortably but has yet to awake. Thanks to Blak and RJacksix along with a few others whose names I didn't catch. We caught the symptoms early and he survived what most people do not. He is a strong man and continues the fight. He's been a mentor of mine for years and I can't wait him to show off that rfid buster.

GodSpeed theNurse!

Comment

What terrible news, best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.
                              Network Jesus died for your SYN

Comment

Working...
                              X