Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ride from Norcal To Defcon

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ride from Norcal To Defcon

    Hi there,

    I'm in Sonoma county, about an hour north of San Francisco and I'm looking for a ride to Defcon. I can definitely throw in on gas and possibly some things to make the trip go faster, if need be. I'm a clean, mostly well behaved IT professional. I have a security researcher friend I haven't seen in over a decade who is more or less comping my whole trip to the con, but I have to make it there first.

    Please let me know if you have a spot for me, leaving San Francisco or the general area, I don't have a car, but I can most likely meet you in SF. Thank you.

  • #2
    Re: Ride from Norcal To Defcon

    Originally posted by phusion View Post
    ...I don't have a car, but I can most likely meet you in SF. Thank you.
    If you can make it to San Francisco, have you considered, "HackBus" ?

    Here is a thread with links to information about HackBus in the forum we made for them. I think they run from San Francisco to Las Vegas, though space is limited, and there have been historical problems with Air Conditioning. On the plus side, they have had Internet access for passengers for most of the trip, according to information online about them.

    They have also, historically, provided rides to the Toxic BBQ and the Defcon Shoot. They have prices listed, on their main site, too. If you are capable of being social, it could provide you with an opportunity to meet several other people attending Defcon, on the way to Defcon.

    Good luck!
    -Cot

    (I am not affiliated with HackBus and do not get any payment or compensation for these comments about it as a service.)
    Last edited by TheCotMan; July 3, 2012, 11:05.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Ride from Norcal To Defcon

      Originally posted by phusion View Post
      Please let me know if you have a spot for me, leaving San Francisco or the general area, I don't have a car, but I can most likely meet you in SF. Thank you.
      Me and a buddy are heading down on the 25th, coming back on the morning of the 29th, if you can meet in the So San Francisco area we have an open spot, feel free to send a message if you are still needing a ride.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Ride from Norcal To Defcon

        Originally posted by lzdexic View Post
        Me and a buddy are heading down on the 25th, coming back on the morning of the 29th, if you can meet in the So San Francisco area we have an open spot, feel free to send a message if you are still needing a ride.
        I am already in Las Vegas, but I be passing by Sonoma in my way back from Defcon, if you two need a ride back hit me up.
        Love is a Mental Illness

        Comment

        Working...
        X