Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extended hours?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Extended hours?

    In the past we have always shutdown around 6pm? This year I would like to see it go later with a 9pm closing time or later?

    What do you all think? Good idea?

    Sound off by replying to this thread and lets talk about it.

    -bombnav

  • #2
    Re: Extended hours?

    Has defcon 21 been canceled? We need posts.... don't be affraid jump in!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Extended hours?

      How late do the other villages usually stay open? I'm all for staying open later if we think that there will be people there.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Extended hours?

        Originally posted by c0re1287 View Post
        How late do the other villages usually stay open? I'm all for staying open later if we think that there will be people there.
        Can't answer that about the other but I know for years people were just getting going by 7 so my plan is to make it 9 or maybe later if some begs good enough.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Extended hours?

          Originally posted by bombnav View Post
          Can't answer that about the other but I know for years people were just getting going by 7 so my plan is to make it 9 or maybe later if some begs good enough.
          It is my understanding that extended hours are absolutely being considered this year... as you said in your earlier post, people need to chime in here and let us know if they would want that. A lot of this depends on community support and preference...
          Now with more molecules!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Extended hours?

            I am kind of a night owl myself and not a big party girl. It would be nice to have an alternative to getting sloppy pissed or wandering around bored because everything is closed. I would absolutely attend evening events and actually would prefer them as it gives you time to take more in. I anticipate there would be less conflicts when trying to decide what to see if you knew you had additional opportunities to see and learn things in the evening as well. My two cents since asked.

            PS - no offense to those who like to party....it just bores me so I tend to occupy myself with other things. Extended hours would be great for people like me.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Extended hours?

              yes yes yes to extended hours!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Extended hours?

                I think extended hours would be awesome, but I worry about whether you can staff it for that long. Depending on how many additional cool things you're talking about adding this year, that means more person-power, and that just multiplies against more hours. If we can staff it, I think we should be open for as long as we possibly can. I remember the first year of the badge hacking contest (DC14), I was up LITERALLY all night working on it in one of the common areas. This was before the HHV started (DC15, right?) but if it were there, that's where I'd have liked to be.

                I haven't volunteered as staff yet because I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I'm committing to this year. I'm INTERESTED in staffing HHV, but can't over-extend myself so I need to wrangle the rest of my plans first.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Extended hours?

                  I am commited as HHV lead to open and close the HHV as my party days are over so not worries there. I am working the volunteer list now and Smitty you dont have to say a word you are always welcome anytime, anyday to step in as you can with out having to commit.



                  Originally posted by SmittyHalibut View Post
                  I think extended hours would be awesome, but I worry about whether you can staff it for that long. Depending on how many additional cool things you're talking about adding this year, that means more person-power, and that just multiplies against more hours. If we can staff it, I think we should be open for as long as we possibly can. I remember the first year of the badge hacking contest (DC14), I was up LITERALLY all night working on it in one of the common areas. This was before the HHV started (DC15, right?) but if it were there, that's where I'd have liked to be.

                  I haven't volunteered as staff yet because I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I'm committing to this year. I'm INTERESTED in staffing HHV, but can't over-extend myself so I need to wrangle the rest of my plans first.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Extended hours?

                    Later is good as long you it doesn't kill the staff. I think we will see some of the coolest fun things happen "later" in the HHV -- whether it is hacking, making, or just good BS sessions.
                    TSA luvs my Uzi.

                    "We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time." -T.S. Eliot

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Extended hours?

                      Originally posted by FirmWarez View Post
                      Later is good as long you it doesn't kill the staff. I think we will see some of the coolest fun things happen "later" in the HHV -- whether it is hacking, making, or just good BS sessions.

                      Once I get loopy after all day of breathing lead solder smoke who knows what will happen!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X