Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• securing the rentals and starting to plan for registration

Hey, all.

Just wanted to update folk on the fact that i've been in touch with our rental company about the tent canopies, tables, and chairs again. Same general idea as last time... and like in the past, i can modify the order up or down depending on how many people are interested.

I hope to have the site updated before NotACon (since it references last year's dates still) and maybe even open up the PayPal related reg system soon, too.

Same general plan, however...

* Shooter / Military / Un-Free Subject badges
    * RSO and general Staff call for volunteers
    * Weds - two afternoon/dusk sessions
    * Thurs - two morning sessions

More news posted soon, I hope. Hope folk make some good headway on the shirt ideas soon... that sort of ordering process will need a little lead time when people put in for their sizes, of course. :-)
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: securing the rentals and starting to plan for registration

UPDATE: the DC Shoot page has been tweaked and updated a bit to reference the year more adequately and all of the PayPal inventory values have been reset, thus it should be possible to begin reg for the 2013 Shoot if you wanted to.

I've current set the following limits in the system:

10 shooting lanes *

100 participants **

* we are renting a total of 8 canopies. one is a chillout area, away from the action, and another is the admin area for check-in, staff coordination, water, etc. on the firing line, 6 canopies line up end to end and each one can accommodate two shooting tables.

one canopy (usually on the far left) is for staff, RSOs, and other special folk when they aren't performing official duties. that leaves 5 public canopies currently. thus, 10 shooting lanes for rent. if we exhaust all of these completely before June 1st, i'll add more to the rental and add more lane rental availability and post about it here.

** much like with the lanes, if we exhaust all of this before June 1st i'll consider adding more space in the system. however, I will likely ONLY do that if people also want to rent more lanes. 100 people spanned across 5 lanes is a bit crowded. with 4 shifts that's still about 5 shooters sharing all lanes at all times. given that we only like to see one ACTIVE shooter per lane, more than 100 badged folk is a bit much to handle right now.

we've got room and we've got time to be flexible. let's see how this all pans out before June 1st.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

Signed up and paid, all 4 sessions :)

Comment

Link please?

Comment

This one I think: http://deviating.net/firearms/defcon...istration.html

Comment

Originally posted by Zorlac View Post
            Does this image need to be updated? http://deviating.net/firearms/defcon...istration.html

Also remember to get your 5320.20's in people if you're bringing title II (non AOW/suppressor) toys

Comment

Originally posted by Zorlac View Post
              Signed up and paid, all 4 sessions :)
              Me too, for my double lane for both Thursday time slots.

Comment

Hey Deviant,

Joe here, the guy that brought the pile of NFA toys out last year. Would you mind if I did so this year as well?

If so, then what would I need to chip in to have my own tent and bench. I kinda took over the RSO tent last year, and don't really want to do that again as it left the RSO's limited access to shooting their own stuff.

The other problem I see is ammo. If people want to pool $$$, I can go to one of the local shows between now and the shoot and pickup 9mm, 45acp, .223, whatever, and bring it down Wednesday night. Ammo is hard to get these days, so getting it early is best I would think.

Joe

Comment

i'd love it if you wanted to bring that stuff out again. and, yes, we'll surely want to set you up with a tent and table that has better use of space.

we often encourage folk to make ammo runs, etc... but that's usually something that people fail to do.

my best suggestion to anyone who is bringing their own ammo and expecting to take donations: HAVE IT PRE-PACKAGED. get some very sturdy 3mil or 4mil bags from ULine or someplace like that and pre-pack rounds of ammo in quantities to be sold for $5 and $20. Do NOT expect people to be able to keep track of how much they shoot on their own and use donation buckets properly.
                  - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Weinie View Post

The other problem I see is ammo......... Ammo is hard to get these days, so getting it early is best I would think.
                    I hadn't thought much about that, and I've always just drop-shipped new ammo from the internets to my hotel. Anyone have suggestions for shipping 40-50lbs of ammo?

Comment

rental from RSVP in Las Vegas is secured and paid for. 8 canopies, 11 tables, 50 chairs.

6 of the canopies and 6 of the tables go on the firing line to make lanes

3 or 4 tables go behind the main lanes to act as staging areas and general "keep your stuff out of the dirt" tables

1 or 2 tables are for the staff canopy

1 more canopy goes somewhere else for rest/hangout/etc

chairs are first-come, first-serve

total rent price came in at just shy of a grand, just like last year. we've seen about half that in registration fees thus far. i expect we'll surely break even. we did last year. just keeping folk appraised.
                      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Modafinil View Post
                        I hadn't thought much about that, and I've always just drop-shipped new ammo from the internets to my hotel. Anyone have suggestions for shipping 40-50lbs of ammo?
                        I would avoid shipping to the hotel, on top of the standard shipping costs you have to pay the hotel for accepting it for you. I suggest finding someone local or someone driving that can bring it for you. Hell even paying another $25 for a checked bag may be worth it.

Comment

I'd be happy to receive ammo (I live in LV) and bring it Wednesday night. Contact me directly (hk4me.email1@gmail.com) if you want to do that.

Weinie

Comment

Originally posted by seeess View Post
                            ...... paying another $25 for a checked bag may be worth it.
                            I think I'll be doing it that way this year.

Comment

Working...
                            X