Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pentesters Toolkit

Pentesters Toolkit

You've been hired to perform a penetration test, you have one week to prepare. What goes in the bag? What is worth lugging through airport security and what do you leave home. I'll go through my assessment bag and show you what I think is important and not, talk about tools and livecd's, what comes in handy and what I've cut out of my normal pen-test rig

Anch
    Anch is a lead for the Chickasaw Nation Industries Red Team performing penetration tests, and accreditation's for the public and private sector.

Anch has 10 year’s experience in cyber security. He was the Network Security Architect at a major power administration. At Mentor Graphics he spent time as a network engineer providing enterprise networking, firewall and VPN support for a global network comprising of 72 connected sites worldwide. He has been involved in or lead over 75 penetration tests on over 200 networks.

Anch's background related to control systems is unrivaled in the bulk power generation and transmission areas. During this time he developed unique perspectives on the areas of compliance and regulation in the power industry.
    And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Re: Pentesters Toolkit

Hi All,

My slides don't have a whole lot of information in them. I'd be happy to post them if people would like them though. Also happy to answer any questions you might have lingering from any of my presentations at DEF CON this year.

I'll also post some pictures of the inside of my bag once I get a chance to take a few.

Thanks,
    Anch
    "I think this box has already been owned.. it says PWNT"

Comment

Wow, man... nice! I can't believe i didn't know about this topic or the fact that you were presenting about it. I'd love to share information and ideas, etc. There was some chatter and photos from Black Hat about our "red teamer" bag that folk were checking out at the Caesar's. It was designed with input from Nickerson and his crew, but with some twists of our own. I don't want to post a direct link to our site which has all the details (because we also sell it there and that could sort of seem spammy or crass) but perhaps a photo of the contents would be alright?

contents that we like to pack in there include...
      • Our custom 12-piece lockpick pick kit
      • Our custom jackknife kit with 8 tips
      • Our custom covert jiggler tools
      • The 7- and 8-pin convertible tubular pick
      • A bag of 10 SC4 blank keys
      • A bag of 10 SC4 0-cut keys
      • Impressioning file with handle
      • Mini Magnifier
      • Our under door tool supply kit
      • Blue non-magnetic Traveler Hook
      • A shove & shim set
      • The most popular bump keys (SC1, SC4, KW1, M1)
      • Compact gaffer tape roll
      • Gerber MP400 multitool
      • Mini pry bar
      • Blank badges & badge holder
      • Posi-taps & wire
      • Rare earth magnets

...heh, folk can just go to the CORE Group site if they really want to for more details. Y'all are smart enough for that. ;-)
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
        ...There was some chatter and photos from Black Hat about our "red teamer" bag that folk were checking out at the Caesar's...
        perhaps a photo of the contents would be all right?
        That picture, and the description, were almost too much to bear. I'm retired. I have no real need for one single item there (although I have about half of them already), but...

I really WANT that bag, and all its contents.

It was beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by shrdlu View Post
          That picture, and the description, were almost too much to bear. I'm retired. I have no real need for one single item there (although I have about half of them already), but...

I really WANT that bag, and all its contents.

It was beautiful.
          awe, thanks. we will keep refining it. Chris and I are still talking about updates and tweaks... but ultimately i like the direction in which it's going.

Bonus for you... more modeling shots:

(it's actually a rather compact bag... it just looks larger on Nomad because he's a slim dude with a small ass)

EDIT: I just now realized that the photo from our web site is slightly outdated. That was one model of bag we were considering, but ultimately we went with one that was more comfortable and had a better over-the-top flap with additional organizing spots.
          "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
          - Trent Reznor

Comment

I can't quiet tell, but isn't that THIS bag? The Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack?

I was just considering this bag for my own 'goodie bag'.

WiK
            Vell, WiK's just zis guy

Comment

Originally posted by WiK View Post
              I can't quiet tell, but isn't that THIS bag? The Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack?
              yes, it is a duplicate of that bag, more or less. not original Maxpedition.

i've updated the images on the CORE site, btw. thanks for making me notice that. ;-)
              - Trent Reznor

Comment

Working...
              X