Meet Up & Interpreter Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet Up & Interpreter Details

So at DEFCON 21, we will have a meet up for deaf, hard of hearing (HoH), and hearing hackers. Here are the details for the meet up:

Date: TBA
    Time: TBA

Everything is still being finalized so when those details get to us, I'll update this post.

Thanks to the supporters of the Indie Go-go campaign, we are having two interpreters on the floor: Knollgrass and Grets. Since both will be mobile throughout the con space (spending a certain amount of time in each area), we will update their locations via our Twitter account.

If you would like request one of our interpreters, send us a tweet and we'll see what we can do to honor that request.
    "In the room the women come and go / Talking of Michelangelo."

Interpreter Details

So our interpreters will also being wearing shirts to help identify themselves. The shirts will have our DEAF CON twitter logo on the front and say "Interpreter" on the back.
    Last edited by arose4beni; July 17, 2013, 20:44.

Comment

Re: Interpreter Details

Originally posted by arose4beni View Post
      So our interpreters will also being wearing shirts to help identify themselves. The shirts will have our DEAF CON twitter logo on the front and say "Interpreter" on the back.
      May I suggest a bright color (not red or black) that would aid in their identification?
      Aut disce aut discede

Comment

Originally posted by AlxRogan View Post
        May I suggest a bright color (not red or black) that would aid in their identification?
        That probably would have been better. I already ordered the shirts in black unfortunately. But the logo is pretty big on the front and so is the font on the back.

But a good idea for next year's shirts :). Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by arose4beni View Post
          That probably would have been better. I already ordered the shirts in black unfortunately. But the logo is pretty big on the front and so is the font on the back.

But a good idea for next year's shirts :). Thank you!
          Very welcome...best of luck!
          Aut disce aut discede

Comment

Re: Meet Up & Interpreter Details

dark works best for seeing someone's hands during interpretation... however, usually it's dark plain surfaces that are best there. logos and other printing can make it difficult, particularly if someone is far away.
            "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
            - Trent Reznor

Comment

Meet Up Details

So our meet up will be on Friday and Saturday during the day. Exact time and place to come later this week.

Comment

Working...
              X