Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Las Vegas Hilton Promo-Defcon XI

Las Vegas Hilton Promo-Defcon XI

for those of you who can not afford the Alexis or want to save money. the las vegas hilton has rooms for $54 a night, you can only get it at that price for 2 nights. the key is to make 2 reservations for a total of 4 nights. i did hear that the feds stay at the hilton, so you might not want to stay there, but hey "keep your friends close, but your enemies closer"

http://www.parkplace.com/Reservation...04&StepId=1pkg
    "so many books, so little time"

Re: Las Vegas Hilton Promo-Defcon XI

Originally posted by ch0l0man
    Las Vegas Hilton Promo-Defcon XI

for those of you who can not afford the Alexis or want to save money. the las vegas hilton has rooms for $54 a night, you can only get it at that price for 2 nights. the key is to make 2 reservations for a total of 4 nights. i did hear that the feds stay at the hilton, so you might not want to stay there, but hey "keep your friends close, but your enemies closer"

http://www.parkplace.com/Reservation...04&StepId=1pkg
    There are only a couple of hotels in the area that cater well to the perdiem rates for hotel stays.... The Hilton is one of them and the Alexis Park is the other. :-) Residence Inn is another great Fed hotel.

Comment

Re: Re: Las Vegas Hilton Promo-Defcon XI

Originally posted by russ
      There are only a couple of hotels in the area that cater well to the perdiem rates for hotel stays.... The Hilton is one of them and the Alexis Park is the other. :-) Residence Inn is another great Fed hotel.
      thanks for the info russ :)
      "so many books, so little time"

Comment

Originally posted by 0versight
        Do alot of feds really go to Defcon? Or is this just a really good guess.
        Well seeing that a lot of them go to blackhat (http://www.blackhat.com/) which is the same week as defcon, it isn't impossible to think that a few of them stay over... ;) though with the terrorist activities out there nowadays, it is also possible that a lot of those who attend are now doing other things that may have a priority.

ps bh is a good way to find out who the feds are ;) ;)

Comment

Only the cool feds stay at the AP.

Comment

Another good fed hotel is the AmeriSuites down the road. (ask me for the story at Defcon). and yes, a lot of feds do go to defcon. Most go overtly (i.e. they asked for the time off to go or got permission to do it as training thing), a few go covertly (hoping you will all focus on the overt ones). At lot of them go for Blackhat and stick around for Defcon. Most of them do it for the same reason we do. Its so they can get a free weekend in vegas and spend most of it hanging out with friends (except the ones that are there covertly, most of them are on the clock). Also, feds have conferences too, and they have them in vegas just like everyone else. The last two years there have been fed conferences going on just before or just after Blackhat, or at least, so I have heard. :)

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Las Vegas Hilton Promo-Defcon XI

Originally posted by blackwave
              Well seeing that a lot of them go to blackhat (http://www.blackhat.com/) which is the same week as defcon, it isn't impossible to think that a few of them stay over... ;) though with the terrorist activities out there nowadays, it is also possible that a lot of those who attend are now doing other things that may have a priority.

ps bh is a good way to find out who the feds are ;) ;)
              BH is also a good place to drink with the feds :)
              /* NO COMMENT */

Comment

Originally posted by 0versight
                Do alot of feds really go to Defcon? Or is this just a really good guess.
                Our Fed ratio was way off this last year. I'm assuming it's because of the "world situation".

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Las Vegas Hilton Promo-Defcon XI

Originally posted by russ
                  Our Fed ratio was way off this last year. I'm assuming it's because of the "world situation".
                  It will probably be the same this year, because of the "economic" situation

Comment

What is the ratio? 500:1? 250:1? 3:1? It's be interesting to figure out, at least for the overt feds.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                      What is the ratio? 500:1? 250:1? 3:1? It's be interesting to figure out, at least for the overt feds.
                      So is a fed strictly defined as a US government employee or can they be gov. contractors, foreign nationals employed by their government, etc? Depending on the definition, the ratio would change.

Comment

Originally posted by murakami
                        So is a fed strictly defined as a US government employee or can they be gov. contractors, foreign nationals employed by their government, etc? Depending on the definition, the ratio would change.
                        Here are previous requirements to win spot the fed:
                        www.defcon.org/html/TEXT/5/dc5-td-fed.html
                        In this competition, attendees are encouraged to see if they can spot who in the room are true feds. If they think they have one, they and the spotee go up on stage and the attendee is given the opportunity to prove his case. After his/she is done, the spotee is given time to defend him/herself. If the audience thinks that the attendee is right in his/her accusations, then the spotee is dubded a fed whether or not he/she actually is. The spotter get's a I spotted the Fed shirt and the spotee get's a I was spotted shirt. And life goes on.
                        http://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-9/...-9-events.html

Spot the FED Contest
                        8th ANNUAL SPOT THE FED CONTEST: The ever popular paranoia builder. Who IS that person next to you?
                        Same Rules, Different year!
                        "Like a paranoid version of pin the tail on the donkey, the favorite sport at this gathering of computer hackers and phone phreaks seems to be hunting down real and imagined telephone security and Federal and local law enforcement authorities who the attendees are certain are tracking their every move.. .. Of course, they may be right."
                        - John Markhoff, NYT

Basically the contest goes like this: If you see some shady MIB (Men in Black) earphone penny loafer sunglass wearing Clint Eastwood to live and die in LA type lurking about, point him out. Just get my attention and claim out loud you think you have spotted a fed. The people around at the time will then (I bet) start to discuss the possibility of whether or not a real fed has been spotted. Once enough people have decided that a fed has been spotted, and the Identified Fed (I.F.) has had a say, and informal vote takes place, and if enough people think it's a true fed, or fed wanna-be, or other nefarious style character, you win a "I spotted the fed!" shirt, and the I.F. gets an "I am the fed!" shirt.

NOTE TO THE FEDS: This is all in good fun, and if you survive unmolested and undetected, but would still secretly like an "I am the fed!" shirt to wear around the office or when booting in doors, please contact me when no one is looking and I will take your order(s). Just think of all the looks of awe you'll generate at work wearing this shirt while you file away all the paperwork you'll have to produce over this convention. I won't turn in any feds who contact me, they have to be spotted by others.

DOUBLE SECRET NOTE TO FEDS: This year I am printing up extra "I am the Fed!" shirts, and will be trading them for coffee mugs, shirts or baseball hats from your favorite TLA. If you want to swap bring along some goodies and we can trade. Be stealth about it if you don't want people to spot you. Agents from foreign governments are welcome to trade too, but I gotta work on my mug collection and this is the fastest way.

Comment

Gee, where have I see that long azz post before? What happened to simply linking to the other thread?!!? hahaha

Comment

Gee Blackwave, don't cross post now! Now go flog yourself! :D I doubt government contractors will count; you mean like the guys who refill the soda machines in Quantico?

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                              you mean like the guys who refill the soda machines in Quantico?
                              lockmar, saic, gd, all the beltway shadow government ...

Comment

Working...
                              X