Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much will DefCon "really" cost me...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by PoT
    There is on-site registration starting on Thursday. There is no pre-registration, show up, drop your coin, get your badge, begin to drink.

    There is no age restriction to DefCon itself, to get a room on your own you need to be 18 at the AP and 21 at any hotel with a casino.
    Just in case you didn't guess cinus, there is also a legal drinking age of 21 .

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by blackwave
      Just in case you didn't guess cinus, there is also a legal drinking age of 21 .
      True, but it is loosely enforced at best at DC

      -PoT

      Comment


      • #33
        Well, a loosely enforced law is always good! :)

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by PoT
          True, but it is loosely enforced at best at DC
          Yeah i didnt see anyone get carded at the bar, and i didnt get carded or anything and i look like a damn 12 year old...

          -Psyiode

          Comment


          • #35
            thank you all for making it so aware to every ones attention. I guess ill be spending more time in the room. :(

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by pyrophite
              thank you all for making it so aware to every ones attention.
              I personally love to observe how chaos often tends to destroy itself :)

              Comment


              • #37
                how much stuff is sold @ defcon?

                greets all. this will be my time to attend defcon (and im very excited btw.) in the freedom downtime flic the guys went to defcon. i noticed a table setup that had lots of different copies of 2600. this got me thinking - how much stuff and/or how many vendors are there that sell stuff? what kinda stuff is it? stickers, hardware, one-of-a-kind-souvenirs, books, etc? do most or any vendors accept credit cards/checks or are they cash only? im trying to get an idea of what all is sold, so i can figure out how much $$$ to bring. thanks.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Well I charge a $500 fee just to allow you to buy things then you may start purchasing. If its your first DC bring alot of money becaue T-shirts are always cool as is many of the other stuff(stickers, mugs, etc...) I would suggest mabye a $200+ for souveneirs. But thats just me.
                  The penguin is watching.
                  "The DefCon forums dont reward knowledge, but punish iggnorance." -Noid

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: how much stuff is sold @ defcon?

                    Originally posted by uglyb0b
                    i noticed a table setup that had lots of different copies of 2600. this got me thinking
                    Yeah that was a long time ago, I bought my entire set of off the hook and they were giving the Free Kevin stickers for a buck donation... doubt you will see that kind of break out any time soon...

                    Originally posted by uglyb0b
                    im trying to get an idea of what all is sold, so i can figure out how much $$$ to bring. thanks.
                    Whatever you think you should bring, quadruple it.... :)

                    here is the defcon swag that was sold last year:
                    http://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1466

                    ... some of the shirts you will see either walking around on bodies, or being sold at vendor tables...

                    ... check here for stuff people suggested to make, or ideas of what people that have been there want to see...
                    http://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1300


                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by psyiode
                      Yeah i didnt see anyone get carded at the bar, and i didnt get carded or anything and i look like a damn 12 year old...
                      -Psyiode
                      Dating Michael Jackson again are you? :D

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by PoT
                        Neural:

                        Last I'd heard you were gonna call the cab company to see about getting it back. I take it that was a pointless move?

                        -PoT
                        I called. All of them... It would have helped if could actually remember which cab company the cab I rode in was. Nothing. My guess is the driver probably didn't notice it and the next rider got a free radio.
                        "Just when I thought I was out.......They pull me back in"
                        - Neural's Godfather moment

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          What do you think it would cost me to go. I could get a ride i think so travel expenses are out. Like how much is a ticket and how much a room and should i bring money fr souveniors?
                          ~~Your right im confused...I am Scared your right but you know i just....i think your the fucking antichrist~~

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Yes, this is the answer to all questions. That and 37.
                            Killing threads one post at a time...

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I believe the answer was 42. (The answer to life, the unoverse, and everything).

                              Bring at least $200 to Defcon, closer to $1000 is more like it. This does not include the hotel room, alcohol, admission, or strippers.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by astcell
                                I believe the answer was 42. (The answer to life, the unoverse, and everything).

                                Bring at least $200 to Defcon, closer to $1000 is more like it. This does not include the hotel room, alcohol, admission, or strippers.
                                Well minus the alchohol and strippers. JUST admission and souvoneirs.
                                ~~Your right im confused...I am Scared your right but you know i just....i think your the fucking antichrist~~

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X