Ride share thread - Camp out/Staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride share thread - Camp out/Staff

I didn't see a ride share thread yet so here's one.

I will be flying in and I'm unable to rent a car, so I need a ride to and from the shoot leaving Wednesday and coming back to Las Vegas Thursday (I'm volunteering as a staff for both days and camping out). So if anyone has any extra room for one and some bags, it would be awesome if you could me out.

I'm sure I'm not the only one in a similar boat so feel free to use this thread other ride sharing conversations and planning.

the ride share thread will start to increase soon, i bet. i'll sticky this at the top, too.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

Hey folks! Thought I would post up here since I'm in the same boat.

I'm going to be flying in on Wednesday morning.

Looking for someone to ride with. I'll be doing the camp out, and would like to arrive as soon as possible and leave at the very end. I can probably meet you wherever in Vegas, as long as I can get a taxi to you.

Ideally I'd like to ride with someone who is going to make a food run to pick up cool stuff to contribute that night, but that's optional. What would be really sweet would be if there was a potential ammo run before the shoot starts. Only being able to travel with 5kg worth of ammo on a plane sucks, I won't make it to the end of Wednesday with that little!

I'll be happy to buy some food or ammo for your troubles :)
      Last edited by skatem8; July 14, 2016, 07:04.

Comment

Typically people partaking in the shoot but don't have a ride OR that have transportation with extra seats gather *somewhere* at the hotel about 7:00am Thursday morning.

Some solutions I've seen in the past are:
        - rent a car and offer rides to others.
        - taxi
        - make a friend at the con that has transportation and wasn't planning on going to the shoot in exchange for transportation offer food/booze/ammo/tech/etc

As for the *somewhere* in the hotel, I am unsure where it was at the Paris/Ballys. If you lookup the dc23 shoot forums I'm sure you can find it. If you do post back here for others to find.

And lastly if all else fails keep an eye on this forum up to Wed/Thursday and just show up at the decided hotel meet location.

Comment

If any one is going up Wednesday and coming back Thursday and considering renting a car, I would totally be up for spiting up cost with you.

Also here is the link to the last years convoy thread if that was what you were looking for.
          https://forum.defcon.org/forum/defco...onvoy-location

Comment

Hey everyone,
            I am flying in from Canada where I am an avid hunter and shooter so super excited about this event. I am jealous of what the US people get to use. In Canada it is very restricted. Anyways, can I get a ride with someone? I am willing to buy gas or contribute to renting a car. I'd like to go with someone as I am not sure where the venue is. Plus it gives me yet another opportunity to meet some cool people.
            Thanks

Comment

I'd highly recommend someone just setup a car rental now (I'd suggest an SUV but a car [especially rental car] can make it fine). And I'd start filling seats or setup a Wed/Thur meet time/location (check last years meet location).

~L0g1c

Comment

I can drive a couple people on Wednesday.

We can meet the same place as last year on the roof of the Bally's/Paris parking garage - north west corner beside the elevators. Meeting time on Wednesday around 2:30pm to 3pm to give people time to arrive so we don't miss anyone.

Last year we had 10 or so people who needed rides and 3 or 4 cars so it worked out well.

Comment

Originally posted by PolkarooGOA View Post

We can meet the same place as last year on the roof of the Bally's/Paris parking garage - north west corner beside the elevators. Meeting time on Wednesday around 2:30pm to 3pm to give people time to arrive so we don't miss anyone.

Last year we had 10 or so people who needed rides and 3 or 4 cars so it worked out well.
                  Sweet, thanks for helping out!
                  Last edited by Gin; July 24, 2016, 21:57.

Comment

Originally posted by PolkarooGOA View Post

I'd be looking to get a ride out Wednesday evening and returning same-day. I'll look for folks at the designated area and time. =)
                    Last edited by darkgrue; August 1, 2016, 18:18.

Comment

I have reserved a "Jeep Renegade or similar". If we are able to deal with the "stage II" situation, my plan is to leave Wednesday afternoon (stopping somewhere to get food/ammo/etc), and return Thursday around noon.

Comment

I can drive FOUR people on Thursday. Gas/food appreciated but I won't twist your arm. Reply or PM me if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by TuringCompete View Post
                          I have reserved a "Jeep Renegade or similar". If we are able to deal with the "stage II" situation, my plan is to leave Wednesday afternoon (stopping somewhere to get food/ammo/etc), and return Thursday around noon.
                          If I can get a seat in your car that would be perfect. I need to get some food and ammo too since I'm staying the entire duration of the shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
                            I can drive FOUR people on Thursday. Gas/food appreciated but I won't twist your arm. Reply or PM me if interested.
                            Hello! Me and a friend, we need a ride back on Thursday. If you still have room for 2 more people we would appreciate your help, and we can probably help with gas.

Comment

"I have one seat left in the DC414 rideshare. Cost is $48. Leaving Flamingo Wednesday afternoon, stopping for ammo/PPE, shoot, and coming back Wednesday night (not camping). Planning on stopping at Walmart on the way back so everyone can grab groceries/booze for their rooms. Vehicle is a fullsize SUV (suburban or similar). The fee includes your share of the transportation/gas, gatorade/waters to keep us hydrated, and use of my shooting lane for both sessions. I am open to dropping off at a different hotel. I have been going since DC19 -- if you want to enjoy the shoot without worrying about planning, this is the way to do it. Any skill level is welcome. Contact me via email if interested: vlad (at) dc414 -dot- org."

Edit: Seat has been filled. See you all at the shoot!
                              Last edited by Vladimir; July 26, 2016, 15:08. Reason: Seat has been filled.

Comment

Working...
                              X