Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumb question about 802.11 AP's at defcon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a good argument for purchasing a yagi. 802.11b is supposed to be 1500 feet, but don't plan on much from across the road with all that cement in between.

Comment

Re: Defcon wireless

Originally posted by TeraPheX
      Hey does anyone know the wireless span for defcons data network at Alexus? I was planing on staying at the hotel across the street (due to the lack of money), so i was just wondering if anyone knew how wide the network is gunna be.
      sounds like the same type of people who steal my parking space when I want to get a bite to eat (and don't even stay at the AP)... sheesh..

... they want free parking
      ... they want free defctontv
      ... they want free wifi...

... hell they even want "i l l i g a l p l a n s"

+ 4lL Kw3$+ION$ 4nd R3SpONC35 5H4Ll bE 1n5er+Ed BELl0w +h3 L1N3 (EnCRYp+3D oN K3y 69 Iph N3EdED)::

Code:

__________________________________________________________________________________
                 ,,,                           ,,                      ,,,,,,,          
                 ;;;;;;;;  ,,,,         ,,,     ;;         ,,,   ,,,,  ´´´;;,,
                ,;;;´     ;;;;          ;;;,    ;;         ;;;,,,;;;     ,;;,
                ;;;;     ;;;;          ;;;;;,   ;;        ;;;;,,,;;´     ;;;,
                ;;;     ,;;;          ;;;;;;;, ;;        ,;;;,,,;;;     ;;;
              ,,;;´    ,;;;          ,;´ ´;;;;;;´        ;;;´  ;;;     ,;;;
              ,;;;     ;;;   ,,,   ,,;;   ´;;;;´  ,,,   ;;;;  ;;;;     ;;;
             ,,;;     ;;;´  ´;;; ,;;;;      ;;;  ´;;;  ,;;;   ;;; ,,,,;;;;
            ,,;;;;;´                                              ´´´´;;;´
                                   w  e  l  c  o  m  e .________________________________________________________________________________.

+ 4lL Kw3$+ION$ 4nd R3SpONC35 5H4Ll bE 1n5er+Ed BELl0w +h3 L1N3 (EnCRYp+3D oN       K3y 69 Iph N3EdED)::

*  p o s t    a l l   s h i t   w/  f t p  o r   f t p  c l i e n t .   
           *  o n l y    [ i . n . h .]  m e m b e r s   s h a l l  v i e w  t h e  c o-         n t e n t  o f   t h i s  p a g e. 
           *  I m p o r t a n t  o r  o t h e r w i s e  i l l i g a l  p l a n s  o r          d i s c u s s i o n s  s h a l l   b e  e n c r y p t e d  o n  binary69.
           *  r e m e m b e r,  w h e n  d e c r y p t i n g,  d e l e t e  a l l  g a p         b e t w e e n  c l u s t e r s,  s o  t h a t  e v e r y t h i n g  i s           s i n g l e   s p a c e d.  

__________________________________________________________________________________
      N3WZ:

03/22/03- Acid and Hexed 166 185 185 170 178 181 185 101 185 180 101 167 183 170           166 176 101 174 179 101 185 180 101 184 170 187 170 183 166 177 101 173           180 186 184 170 184 and had minimal success.

03/23/03- Acid and Hexed split for the boarder and aquired [jerky, banana                   chips, and ribbed condoms]
      03/25/03- Acid and Hexed pull their mission: "coin jackpot", and miserably failed           aquiring [$000.00].
      03/26/03- Hexed and Nick plan trip to DEFCON 11, book room at Alexis Park, Las              Vegas!
      03/26/03- 9:42-9:46pm- The  GREATEST DAY IN [I.N.H] HISTORY! Google and, not or             but and, yahoo servers were hacked by godlike men, shutting down over             30% of entire internet for 3 minutes!! Dread also, made an extremely              fine cali girl fall for him like "McBell" fell in the hands of the                great "captain Crunch"!
      03/27/03- The hacker group known as the "Patriot Freedom Cyber Force Militia"               hacked and defaced an arab "anti-american" site incerting a giant                 American Flag displaying "GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS" down the middle, the              dumbass paki's still have no idea how to stop this 'denial-of-service'            attack!
      e;fhasdaghkaghag

__________________________________________________________________________________           HEXED           |           ACID           |           DREAD                                      |                          |                            >

Comment

Re: Defcon wireless

Originally posted by TeraPheX
        Hey does anyone know the wireless span for defcons data network at Alexus? I was planing on staying at the hotel across the street (due to the lack of money), so i was just wondering if anyone knew how wide the network is gunna be.
        "The hotel across the street" is sort of vague. Right across the street is the Hard Rock, and no, you won't likely be hitting it there. You don't usually hit it in the back rooms at the Alexis, either, but it has grown each year it's been up. You might hit it from some of the closer rooms at the St. Tropez, next door.
        the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

If you had a hotel room facing the right way, you might be able to hit it with a directional antenna.
          tommEE pickles

Comment

Originally posted by tommEE
            If you had a hotel room facing the right way, you might be able to hit it with a directional antenna.
            Or if someone with a 1 Watt amp and a good Omni could loan it to the CON.... :) Ohhh did I mention I have the fore mentioned items...

Comment

if people do this in their rooms on different floors it could help tremendosly(i cant spell). do to the 7 wall rule or something. i have 2 ap's however one is 802.11-g so i only have one.

Comment

Working...
              X