Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC voucher from Blackhat

Hi,

Sorry if this is redundant, I really did search...

I bought a DC voucher at Blackhat because I have the early raspberry pi training on Thursday and didn't want to risk being late. Problem is Blackhat doesn't exchange the vouchers for DC badges until noon Thursday.

Whoops.

Will the DC folks let me in with this stupid pink voucher or do I need to buy a badge tomorrow morning?

Thanks
    Arma

Originally posted by Arma Gidden View Post
    Hi,

Sorry if this is redundant, I really did search...

I bought a DC voucher at Blackhat because I have the early raspberry pi training on Thursday and didn't want to risk being late. Problem is Blackhat doesn't exchange the vouchers for DC badges until noon Thursday.

Whoops.

Will the DC folks let me in with this stupid pink voucher or do I need to buy a badge tomorrow morning?

Thanks
    Arma
    It was about 3 days ago:
    https://forum.defcon.org/forum/gener...254#post224254

It has been announced that badges are required to gain access to the workshop space -- this is announced and known.

What is unknown is if you will need a badge on Thursday morning to gain access to the workshop registration on the Bally's side in "Cafe Arcade" (See the map: https://defcon.org/images/defcon-24/dc-24-fp-final.png .) The best *guess* is a DEF CON badge probably won't be needed early Thursday morning for that workshop registration, but what is *confirmed* is a DEF CON Badge (and workshop pass) will be required to gain access to the workshop space.

Things may be different this year. They may have badge-control check-points on the Bally's side starting today, and lasting through con.

Even if you are able to get registered and get your workshop pass at workshop registration without a DEF CON badge, if you don't have a badge, and the announced rule is still in place, you won't be able to actually get to the workshop you registered to attend unless you have a DEF CON badge, too.

For most people, regardless of a badge being required to get to workshop registration, you will need a DEF CON badge to get to your workshop, so it does not matter if badges are required for workshop registration.

It would be best to check with someone on-site, and if you get an exception, make sure you get the name of the people that gave you an exception so that when you are challenged, you can provide references.

HTH,
    -Cot
    Last edited by TheCotMan; August 3rd, 2016, 09:23.

Comment

Working...
    X