• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Story Contest 2017 Winners

The winners of the Short Story contest are as follows:

1st: "Walk With Me" by Nic Lemon
    2nd: "Belonging" by the Wild Attitude
    People's Choice: "Foxglove" by Kelsi Cornwell

We had some excellent entries this year and it was a very difficult decision. We wanted to give special mention to "The Denizens" by 0tt3r in particular and thank you very much to all our entrants for making this year so difficult to judge.

Winners
    Please send contact information via Twitter DM to @dcshortstory so we can arrange prize pickup with you at DEFCON. If you will not be able to attend DEFCON please contact us immediately.
    Last edited by FOXX; July 1, 2017, 11:28.
    A fox in a box of bricks and blocks.

I realize there's a typo in the title, my apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by FOXX View Post
      I realize there's a typo in the title, my apologies.
      Want me to change "shot" to "short" ? IIRC, it wont change the URL, but the text in the thread and new replies after the change should get updated.

Another option: you can create a new thread which is fixed, and I can "delete" this one (if you approve and nobody else beyond you and me replies to it.) If you have published this thread as URL, the delete option is probably a bad one.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post

Want me to change "shot" to "short" ? IIRC, it wont change the URL, but the text in the thread and new replies after the change should get updated.

Another option: you can create a new thread which is fixed, and I can "delete" this one (if you approve and nobody else beyond you and me replies to it.) If you have published this thread as URL, the delete option is probably a bad one.
        If you could change the title that would be fantastic! Thank you so much.

Comment

Originally posted by FOXX View Post

If you could change the title that would be fantastic! Thank you so much.
          Done!
          It looks like one of the forum software updates fixed the URL change process so when title of thread is change the SEO junk changes URL. I just tested trying the old URL with the incorrect word and it redirected to the new name. I also tested using the fixed thread name in URL, and this also worked. This solves both problems.

Good luck!
          Last edited by TheCotMan; July 1, 2017, 16:35.

Comment

Working...
          X