This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tangential View Post
    more concerned about all the other titles with links that I can't get to through the app. the DC Group forum is just the most obvious example.
    This means all of the custom redirects for "forums" for various DCG which were previously links to their own website and forums will probably have to be abandoned. We'll have to resort to having messages in the forums for those DCG that want to run their own software, to tell users where to go.
    6: "Who is Number1?"
    2: "You are number6"
    6: "I am not a number!..."

Comment

Received an error message when trying to login/connect with a VPN kept saying no internet connection and trying to make me reconnect in my wifi settings. Disconnected VPN and was able to log in no problems.

Comment

Update complete:

With the latest update we have added the language packs for French, German, and Spanish.
        Mostly minor bug fixes it looks like, but please let us know if you find any issues.

DT
        PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

Hello, Happy to see the forums back and can share observations to help out...

1. if img tag is not allowed, remove it from menu?
          2. img attatchment fails for me, i lack permissions, only 1 byte allowed etc warning
          3. I just noticed that if I am logged in everyone's sig is invisible, but when logged out they appear as expected.
          4. code tag strips stuff out
          IronFeather Journals : https://ironfeather.com/index.php?page=zine

Comment

ironfeather` Try using the "pictures" icon for now, next to the two "chain" icons. Use the second tab, upload, and select your file and "send to server"

Then on the first tab, "image properties" pick an image size that makes sense. It won't resize your picture, just the display proportions. I usually do about 300 high for logos.

Attachments are a slightly different work flow, and we are trying to get the two to match so you can upload either way.
            PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l300.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	228235

IronFeather Journals : https://ironfeather.com/index.php?page=zine

Comment

Server maintenance has been completed. Please let us know if you see problems.

Thanks!
                6: "Who is Number1?"
                2: "You are number6"
                6: "I am not a number!..."

Comment

more concerned about all the other titles with links that I can't get to through the app. the DC Group forum is just the most obvious example.

Comment

Some recent changes you might notice:
                    • We will be adding more art and sub-forum banners to the site
                    • If you are an unregistered "Guest" I have enabled basic search functionality.
                    • I want to start building a community around various election security topics, and hope to get some materials posted this week and start encouraging people to jump in.

Comment

Testing Emoji support

😎

Working!
                      Last edited by Dark Tangent; March 29, 2020, 02:14.

Comment

• Dark Tangent
                        Dark Tangent commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Woo! Looks like it has been fixed.

• number6
                        number6 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The DEF CON Forums has had support for "Emoticon" emotive-icons, which were images, and are still selectable in the editor when you post. You can see these as actual image icons. When you select those older "Emoticon" what you are selecting are images.
                        This NEW support for Emoji are for UTF-8 , Unicode, Multibyte charset emoji. These use actual characters (often 4 x 8 bits, or 4 bytes) to refer to a symbol to display. It is then up to the "read" (web browser, app, etc) to decide how to render these characters to you.
                        In Firefox or other desktop browsers, these emoji look a little small, and are roughly the size of an upper-case letter "O" but on the DEF CON mobile apps, they are much bigger, and full of color.
                        Additionally, I discovered email notifications of replies to posts I am subscribed include these UTF-8 emoji, and my webmail browser shows these emoji as full color images, but my terminal based mail client (mutt, pine, 'Mail') do not show me any images.
                        We now support these emoji to the limits we can (storage of the Unicode, and transmission of Unicode) but it is up to the applications you use to read forum content to actually show you icons that represent those emoji.
                        Feedback welcome!
                        If you see problems, please let us know!

New features have been enabled on the server that should speed things up, please let me know if the forums feel "speedier"
                      • We switched from gzip (.gz) to brotli (.br) compression, it should create 10-20% smaller pages
                      • We pre-compressed all the java-script files with maximum static brotli compression. This gives even better compression than on-the-fly brotli.
                      • We added banner images, generic avatars, and core java-script to have a longer cache time to save on bytes transferred
                      • We set custom avatar cache timeout to 40 minutes. If you update your avatar remember to clear your cache (shift mouse click reload) or else you will have to wait for the cache to timeout.
                      • More minor performance tweaks coming soon
                      Last edited by Dark Tangent; June 22, 2020, 21:12. Reason: Fix typeo

Comment

Working...
                      X