In my previous blog post, COVID-19 vs. DEF CON, I said if there were updates before June 1st I would post again. There are updates. 😎

When I created that blog entry I declared June 1st as our deadline to decide if DEF CON 28 will happen in Las Vegas this year or not. To be as transparent as possible I talked about my thought process made some assumptions that now need to be updated and re-evaluated.

Because of this we are starting our internal analysis now, and hope to have a decision in the next couple weeks but for sure no later than May 15, 2020.

Thank you everyone for continuing to support DEF CON and the larger hacking community as a whole.

The Dark Tangent