Building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building

This was to be our first foray into offering an indie badge - the eChallengeCoin! Is an electronic challenge coin (44mm diameter) with 3 interacting challenges, 3 story challenges (via its UART interface) and a bonus to unlock. It even comes in a coin holder case! We already produced about 50 and have parts for 50 more. We are looking for suggestions on how to make these available!

Really cool form factor
    PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

Thanks! we knew less than nothing when we started - just the idea that an elecronic challenge coin sounded cool. what a ride!
      Last edited by suforeman; May 11, 2020, 05:19.

Comment

We would be interested in any consensus on how to make these available. It would be great if all of the badgelife “consumers” have an easy way to find all of the badgelife “creators”.
        Last edited by suforeman; May 11, 2020, 05:21.

Comment

• Dark Tangent
          Dark Tangent commented
          Editing a comment
          You could always just offer them for sale? Or for trade, as a reward for a contest, etc.

• Miswired
          Miswired commented
          Editing a comment
          Hopefully this forum will help collect badges being offered, but I agree with Suforeman, a directory or main store hub would be very helpful. :)

• Nikita
          Nikita commented
          Editing a comment
          This might seem atypical, but for individual sellers if we're talking small to medium batches, paypal goods and services invoices are really easy to manage selling and shipping for a home ship type operation. You'll take less seller fees than places like ebay, etsy, mercari, etc. You just need to take orders your preferred way and then do the rest through paypal invoices with their email address. That is what i would do, if I had 1000 badges to sell. 1000 or more, i'd adjust my plans, but I could easily ship and sell 1k badges from home using a direct paypal approach, saves on shipping too. ( US domestic)

(I'll add, i know this because I sell things online as a hobby in BST communities, and that's my preferred and most cost effective approach for me) .
          Last edited by Nikita; May 13, 2020, 20:18. Reason: additon

That is awesome! Totally interested in buying one!

Comment

Really amazing! Woooow

Comment

So cool. Would love to add to my collection. PM sent.

Comment

I am most interested in your challenge coin. Please PM me. I will buy a few.

Comment

Looking forward to putting this in my collection. PM Sent.

Comment

Same. Very interested in this and supporting you where applicable. Looking forward to the final product. //PM Sent

Comment

I will pledge a purchase of a few as well. let me know how to get the transaction done.

Comment

The first batch of 40 eChallengeCoins finally shipped. There was a lot to learn in the shipping process for Tindie but it looks like it all worked. Now to make the next 40! We appreciate everyone’s interest and support!

Comment

got my two. Thanks suforeman!

Comment

That was fast. Hope to get in on a third round...

Comment

hi mithrix - I think something happened with the Tindie restock as the number of orders received to not add up to the quality of the restock. I hope to have it figured out today and will restock tomorrow based on what I learn. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Working...
                            X