Clear All

• DEF CON 29 Announcement

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2471.png
Views:	1752
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	236658

DEF CON 29 will be August 5 to 8, 2021

Announcements and Questions in this thread as we build out all the specific sub forums.
    Starts
    August 5, 2021
    Ends
    August 8, 2021
    Last edited by Dark Tangent; April 16, 2021, 00:33.
    PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

This upcoming week we will be building out the forums for DEF CON 29 planning, if it happens in person in Las Vegas, or virtually. Either way it will happen!
    PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

• abaranov
      abaranov commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you sure? I heard it was cancelled this year

Now that our plans have been announced let's get planning the planning for better planning outcomes!

Comment

Will there be an age limit on who can attend? For example, teenagers may not be approved for the vaccine. can they attend ?

Comment

I am super excited that some sort of a decision is made! I've been planning for it to go either way, glad to see the answer is hybrid. I know all of us have huge concerns about this and how it will go. I'm very curious on what some of the answers to the questions that will come up are going to be. In the meantime, I'm in full Jackalope Army swag and DC Resident DJ mode!
        ======================================
        DJ Jackalope
        dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
        ======================================

Comment

• abaranov
          abaranov commented
          Editing a comment
          Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! :)

• sn1p3r
          sn1p3r commented
          Editing a comment
          yea!.... DJ Jackalope

Are we having the Hacking Voting Machine Village? I would like to volunteer .... we might have time to raise funds to bring the machines..

Comment

Will we be able to get badges if attending virtually this year?

Comment

Hey TicTacShack

We are trying to plan that for sure, we would love to get everyone badges that want them. It's just a question of logistics and timing when the badges are ready and when we could start mailing them out.

Comment

DT,

Do you know what the plan is for the virtual bit?

I would love to be able to broadcast the talks and shenanigans to my DCG as live as possible.

Comment

Can internarnational attendees join in-person if they are fully vaccinated (with proper documentation) and in other ways pass travel and CDC restrictions? Is pre-registering limited to US only?

Comment

• Dark Tangent
                  Dark Tangent commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sure, if you wear a mask and are fully vaccinated with documentation then you are welcome!

Has the primary hotel been chosen for the Con?

Comment

How old to you need to be to attend? Younger people are not allowed to be vaccinated. Are they excluded?

Comment

• Dark Tangent
                    Dark Tangent commented
                    Editing a comment
                    For in-person you need to be vaccinated. If you can not then please join us on-line. It was recently announced that by the end of next week the Pfizer vaccination should be approved for those 12+ years old. If that happens then I'm guessing you will be good?

We would like to get involve with organizing and stuff ... let know how we can help ... my website www.cs4sp.com

Comment

Waiting to see the registration information. I know it has to be a nightmare in trying to NOT retain personal info. If you're going to require vaccination, how will that be handled within HIPPA compliance? Glad this isn't my gig. Looking forward to seeing the crowd, and as always, DJ Jackalope

Comment

I'm just glad that there will be the in-person option this year (and yes, I am fully vaccinated and have the card to prove it). I'm getting sooooo burned out on virtual-this and virutal-than and am ready for some in-person interaction!

Comment

• CaptCrackle
                        CaptCrackle commented
                        Editing a comment
                        This... This 100%.
                    Working...
                    X