Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISC(2) CISSP CPE's

Hi there everyone,
    This is my first year attending Defcon since obtaining my CISSP. I swear I read a forum post at one point that discussed how Defcon can/does produce a certificate which validates a certain amount of CPE credits for attendees. Which can then be submitted to organizations like ISC(2). Could anyone help point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

I found a claim from 2005 (DEF CON 13) on the forums that a user was able to use attending DEF CON on their CISSP, but between 2005 and 2021 many things can change.
    https://forum.defcon.org/node/6300#post94016

It would be best to get confirmation from someone which is more current, or from the entity which establishes what qualifies for credits toward CISSP.
    (Maybe someone with recent experience doing this can answer your question with current information.)

Good luck!
    6: "Who is Number1?"
    2: "You are number6"
    6: "I am not a number!..."

Comment

• MisterE0x00
      MisterE0x00 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you.

I have emailed the CPE customer support also. As I am sure a fair number of attendees also have their CISSP. So hopefully I get the response of "Oh yeah we handle this every year. Do (x), (y), and (z) so we can give you credit hours."

I used DEF CON on my CISSP CPE'S in both 2019 and 2020 and plan on doing it again this year along with Black Hat talks I saw. In 2019 during the last in-person DC I counted up 17 cpe's worth with all the talks and village specific work. This year I also have some BH and took 2 4 hour workshops... typically I use the one hour for one cpe measurement. There are no "forms" for DC. I think there are for BH. I would keep a receipt if you have one for proof of payment and provide some notes. I think that should do it and I have never been questioned,.

Comment

This thread at the (ISC)2 forums was started last year to address the question as well: https://community.isc2.org/t5/CPE-Op...PEs/td-p/37904

Comment

A bump to the topic if anyone is still interested:

I was able to submit 12 CPE for DEF CON to the portal this week. I included the cash-only ticket and my hotel receipt and it was not flagged for audit (yet?).

I opted for fewer hours, mostly just to see what would happen, and in acknowledgment of the fact that I did maintain a decent buzz for many of my waking hours at the con ;-)

Cheers, signal9

Comment

Working...
        X