Chinese Game Mahjong - Play Mahjong With Four Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Game Mahjong - Play Mahjong With Four Players

Game mahjong or simply mahjong is a multi-player tile-based game was developed in China sometime in the late 19th century and has now spread all over the world. It's commonly played by four people. Mahjong is played with a tiles on a board and the player that has the most tiles at the end wins. The game is simple enough so that almost any one can learn it and play it well.

When playing mahjong, you must be aware of the joker which is always present in the game. The joker is the person who offers you the option to take one tile from your stack if you would be holding a particular card but only if you have three other cards. This means that the person with the joker will always have a stronger hand compared to the rest of the players. With this, you should be wise enough to know when to take advantage of this and when to fold your hand.

The four players game mahjong involves a lot of luck as well. It's not uncommon for players to double up on their bets especially when there are more opponents around. When this happens, it can be very frustrating particularly when there are a lot of rounds left. Four players game mahjong can be challenging and entertaining but you have to have some strategy and planning as well in order to succeed in this Chinese game mahjong. The key to enjoying this game is having the right strategies and techniques in playing.

My grandmother had a very nice carved (ivory I assume) :( Mahjong(g) set and we used to play it when we were young. I don't remember what happened to that set after her passing.

Comment

Originally posted by GodivaIsadora View Post
      Game
      User banned for spamming, not for the top post.
      Disclaimer: I do not run or control any villages, contests, events, parties, etc. at DEF CON. Any announcements or updates about Villages, Contests, Events, Parties, etc. posted by me include content from the people running it. I am not responsible for their content or claims. Any answers provided by me about these are best-effort with information i have available at the time of posting/edit but are NOT authoritative. For official answers, contact the organizers. I grant permission to any DEF CON Forum admins to alter announcements for these as needed.
      ------------------------------------------
      6: "Who is Number1?"
      2: "You are number6"
      6: "I am not a number!..."

Comment

Working...
      X