Cant save .jpeg in paint...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant save .jpeg in paint...

Ummmm....i cant save images in paint as .jpeg is there something wrong??? Do i need to dl something?
    Do you know where i could get it?
    ~~Your right im confused...I am Scared your right but you know i just....i think your the fucking antichrist~~

Same thing happened to me after I reinstalled windows. Now it works after I have updated everything. maybe you are just missing some new file.

Comment

Originally posted by encrypt31945
      Same thing happened to me after I reinstalled windows. Now it works after I have updated everything. maybe you are just missing some new file.
      You wouldn't happen to know what file it is would you .... or where do i get the updates...
      ~~Your right im confused...I am Scared your right but you know i just....i think your the fucking antichrist~~

Comment

Here lies your answer... remember google is your friend... and if you are having microsoft problems the ms knowledge base is the number one place to look first:
        Cannot View Files Other Than Bitmaps in Microsoft Paint
        http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=251351
        The information in this article applies to:
        Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition
        Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
        Microsoft Windows 98
        Microsoft Windows 95
        Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0
        Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0
        Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition

This article was previously published under Q251351
        SYMPTOMS
        When you try to use Microsoft Paint to open a graphic file other than a bitmap (.bmp) file, you may be unable to do so. However, you may be able to do so on a different computer in Paint.
        CAUSE
        This issue can occur because Paint only provides support for bitmap files. However, if you install a program that provides filters for other types of graphic files (such as .gif or .jpg files), Paint can then provide support for these file types.
        RESOLUTION
        To work around this issue and use Paint for files other than bitmap files, install a program that provides the appropriate graphics filter. For example, Microsoft Word for Windows provides an assortment of filters you can install.
        If you don't have word...one of my favorite programs for viewing image files is ACDSEE from http://www.acdsystems.com/ ... Check out the trial version: http://www.acdsystems.com/English/Pr...LAN=EnglishX50 ... after installing it all my mspaint problems went away since it installed all the image filters I would ever need...

Comment

I remember now I think it started working around the time I installed microsoft office and acrobat reader.

Comment

I never met anyone who used Paint more than once.

Comment

The only other picture editing program is canvas. That is a great program but it takes like half a minute to start up. For really quick jobs paint is usefull.

Comment

Thank you black wave it worked :D

Comment

The only other picture editing program is canvas.
                  Theres more than one other editing program.

Comment

I meant that I have installed and I like.

Comment

Re: Cant save .jpeg in paint...

Originally posted by Sacrifice
                      Ummmm....i cant save images in paint as .jpeg is there something wrong??? Do i need to dl something?
                      Do you know where i could get it?
                      Why are you using paint? You might want to consider using a better photo editor such as Photoshop or Fireworks. My advice is to refrain from using paint if it's an option.
                      The mighty man will become a tinder and his works a spark; both will burn together with nothing to quench the flames.

Comment

I don't know I use paint now and then when I need something really quick - to get a point across or something... also it is pretty handy in a pinch since it comes installed by default on windows systems.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwave
                          also it is pretty handy in a pinch since it comes installed by default on windows systems.
                          That is why I like it. It can be used on any computer with windows. It is usefull in school because they dont have any advanced photo editing software.

Comment

That is why I like it. It can be used on any computer with windows. It is usefull in school because they dont have any advanced photo editing software.
                            Good point. I guess I take it for granted that my school runs both Photoshop 6 and Fireworks MX.
                            The mighty man will become a tinder and his works a spark; both will burn together with nothing to quench the flames.

Comment

Where do you live??! How can your school afford that for every computer.

Comment

Working...
                              X