This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by omin0us
    well, possibly we could plan a place in boise to meet pre-dawn thursday, (and i mean WAY pre-dawn) then we can caravan from there. possibly the Boise Town Square Mall in front of the Food court entrance or something like that?
    We hail from the east-side, and don't really feel like backtracking, even 30 minutes to the mall and back, since there's such a long trip ahead of us. So how abouts the Tits and Ass (T&A) travel center instead, the last convenient gas-station on the way out of town, right at the Broadway exit, at say 3 A.M. sharp? Look for a banged-up station-wagon sporting multiple antennas.

We'll try to arrive 10 minutes early to juice up and give anyone who happens to be in the area time to link up. FRS set to 2-08 as planned.

(It just occured to me, looking at MapQuest, that most of the folks from north Idaho will probably just end up taking I-90 over to I-15 in Montana and taking it clear down instead of coming down through Idaho, and can't blame them. We probably should have started a different thread for southwest Idaho / eastern Oregon, instead of crapping all over this one. Oh well. I imagine at least a few folks from the Tri-Cities, WA area will be coming down I-84 through Boise at least, and might read this...)

Comment

Hey, apparently we are going to leave afternoon wednesday, and arrive at saltlake, and stay the night. then we are going to leave from salt lake in the morning. and get to Las Vegas earlier than we would have. But give me your e-mail or something so we can get ahold of each other. a couple of us have thought about starting a 2600 meeting in Boise at either the Boise Town square mall, or the Barnes and Nobles by CompUSA. but yeah, sorry we won't probably see you on the road. but deffinantly give me some contact info for later.

omin0us

Comment

No problem, we'll just stick with the default plan and take the shorter route through Nevada then, if anyone else is passing through Boise around 3 A.M. Thursday morning and wants to link up and tag along. We expect to be in Vegas by 3 P.M. at the latest, so we'll see you down there!

Right-on with the local 2600 meetings idea. Its kind of sad how Pocatello has one and we don't. I know they were happening fairly regularly at the BSU Student Union Bldg a few years back, but they pretty much atrophied after most of the original crew fled the state for opportunities elsewhere. (I moved to Seattle myself and came back just last year after my decent-paying job left for India. So it goes.) Been too lazy and anti-social to organize anything myself, but would definitely attend if you guys register it and get it started again. I'd suggest the Mall before Barnes -- not only do I not recall any payphones at Barnes, but they will probably bitch if we loiter around in the store too long or get too loud and animated. Just make sure, wherever it is, that its within wireless range, preferably even without an antenna, so that early-arrivers can have broadband access on their laptops while waiting for others. I don't relish the idea of having to dust off my acoustic-coupler and reminisce at the turtle-pace of 9600-bps again. ;) (Then again... it has been awhile since Boise has been war-dialed in full, unless you guys have been on top of it.) I imagine most payphone locations in the Mall would qualify, but now that you mention it, I'll have to drag along a cohort or two and scope around for some good locations as well. (I imagine 2600 still requires you to be within payphone range so they can call on occasion and verify the meetings are still active...)

I thought I had e-mailed you a couple days ago already, but maybe the outgoing e-mail feature from this board isn't working. Try me at nocho@ziplip.com directly and we can discuss it further.

Comment

nope, never got an e-mail. we need to figure out how to hook up for sure at DefCon so we can talk about the 2600 meeting more. Also, PM me with your contact info again. And yes, my friend who is going to defcon with me is very much into the phreaking scene. You should see some of the phone taps that he has developed. It sounds like we would get along just fine with you guys. Also, is your acoustic coupler homemade? or manufacturer made? just curious. get back to me

omin0us

Comment

PM sent.

Acoustic coupler == Konexx made. The extent of my phone-tapping expertise consists of hooking one RatShack part# 43-228A to one voice-activated mini-recorder and hiding said contraption inside beige box. ;) My friend who is coming down with me is more into the P-scene as well though.

Comment

Working...
            X