Cost for attending conference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost for attending conference?

This will be my first defcon conference.. I noticed on the site for each of the days it says $75 per day. So my question is to all the veteran defcon'ers...

Does it cost $75 dollars for all three days? Or is it $75 dollars a day?

Well first you should have trird the search option. It only costs $75 once.

Comment

Where did you see per day?

fyi.. faq

you may be interested in the first two items
      if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

It's actually $75 per YEAR. Subject to change.

Comment

Re: Cost for attending conference?

Originally posted by aptpupil
          This will be my first defcon conference.. I noticed on the site for each of the days it says $75 per day. So my question is to all the veteran defcon'ers...

Does it cost $75 dollars for all three days? Or is it $75 dollars a day?
          $75 to get in the con, and $75 to the "Newbies buy the first round" fund. ;)
          Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
            It's actually $75 per YEAR. Subject to change.
            yeah.. I have been going on the annual plan for the last few years.. but I thnk I am just gonna pay the $25 a day this year.. I mean it seems like more money but I bet I get a better con out of it that way....
            If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Imagine a Defcon VISA card, where you get 1% back credit to charges at the AP. :D

Comment

Imagine a Defcon VISA card, where you get 1% back credit to charges at the AP. :D
                just think of all of the "...Pricless" comercials that would lead too
                If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by Siviak
                  just think of all of the "...Pricless" comercials that would lead too
                  Admission to Defcon 11: $75

Hotel for Defcon 11: $350

The look on the CNN reporters face after he sees his Citrix account password scrawled on the wall: Priceless.

:>{
                  http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=replace_with_any_question

Comment

Gets an idea! ;-)

Comment

I'm sure any credit card company would enjoy having 6000 of their applications handed out with each DC badge. I remember in college the kids would earn like $10 for each completed application turned in!

Comment

That would be kinda nice if it were real though. With all the money I spend over the year I might be able to pay for one meal.:D

Comment

I spend enough on my Amex to get a few free plane tickets, imagine if that can get me a free Defcon trip!

Comment

I'm sure any credit card company would enjoy having 6000 of their applications handed out with each DC badge. I remember in college the kids would earn like $10 for each completed application turned in!
                            Ick.. that would make me feel violated at the door.. But that would be a good contest.. see who can find the most creative thing to tape to the application before sending it off blank..

I don't earn a penny for them. I do, however send several hundred a year off... BLANK. And they get to pay the postage. Nice of them to leave applications around the colleges with the "Postage paid, just fold and send" forms..
                            Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Nah, that's not happening. hahaha Defcon isn't a bank and corporate sponsorship would suck the life out of the con. I don't think so.

Comment

Working...
                              X