Difficulties finding an affordable hotel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficulties finding an affordable hotel

ARGH I AM HAVING THE MOST BASTARD TIME EVER TRYING TO FIND AN AFFORDABLE HOTEL (i.e, less than 60 bux a night) FOR NEXT WEEKEND!!!

<SCREAMS, CRIES, POUTS>

And honestly, what the heck is up with all these ads "80% off hotel rates!!" "Lowest prices guaranteed!" I've experienced all that as being false advertisement. wtf??

Anybody have any suggestions?

hey there.
    I've been hooking up pretty well with Expedia.com.
    They charge your card as soon as you book the room, but they have a good variety of shizz for cheep.

Loper
    ======================================
    DJ Jackalope
    dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
    ======================================

Comment

For cheap, close to the AP, your best bets are Terribles or the Key Largo. You'll get around $50-60 a night for the weekend.
      the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

cheap hotels

You waited longer, and now that the weekends are booked prices are a little higher.

I had good luck at http://tripreservations.com

I noticed that their price for terribles, was $39 for thursday and sunday and $79 for friday and saturday nights. If you're staying 4 nights, that's average of just under $60 a night. This is better than the prices that terrible's offers directly.

Terribles is close to the Alexis park too. Walking Distance.

The disadvantage for using a website like the one I mentioned is that you pay in advance and it is sometimes impossible to cancel or back out.

Comment

Dude, the best rate is at the Howard Johnson's hotel by the airport. that is where i'm staying, they have a special defcon rate for $59 a night, for up to 4 people. not $59 per person, but 59 for all four. When i called yesterday and made reservations, they still had a lot of rooms. plus they have a free shuttle to the AP for defcon. here is their number if you want to try there.

702-798-2777

post back and let me know if you are going to stay there or not.

omin0us

Comment

Well... if you REALLY want to find the lowest priced hotel you can try...

http://www.cheapovegas.com/vegas_cas...?hotel_id=1014

It is right off the main downtown section, right in the heart of gang territory. IT has the added bonus that if your feeling tired or lonely you won't have a hard time finding a crack whore right outside your hotel room.

At $19.95 a night, ya can't beat it.

Comment

Also check here...

http://www.cheapotravel.com/hotel_ba...3?sort=checkin

Some folks are claiming some damn good rates.

Comment

I'm paying $50/night at the Days Inn right around a half a mile out from the convention. If you have a car, it's not a bad deal.

http://www.daysinn.com/
                boogah
                boogah[at]gominosensei[dot]org
                http://gominosensei.org/

Comment

Thats what im stuck with. Not the best but cheap.

Comment

One could easily rent a car with the money saved by staying at a cheaper place than the AP then drive, although I would not suggest it if you Plan on drinking unless you have a DD. DWI is not cool.
                    Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

there's a super8 across the street from the mgm, as i recall it is relatively inexpensive, clean, but maybe a little to far to walk in the heat. I walked it last year, i was fairly drunk though.

--simple3

Comment

It's only money!

Comment

You can room share to save money. There are still posts w/ spots open going up.

Comment

There are a TON of hotels at the end of the strip by Sahara. TONS i tell ya. It would only cost about $5 for a cab ride to get to the AP. You will save a lot by going to one of those hotels it may be worth the cab ride ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberhawk
                              There are a TON of hotels at the end of the strip by Sahara. TONS i tell ya. It would only cost about $5 for a cab ride to get to the AP. You will save a lot by going to one of those hotels it may be worth the cab ride ;)
                              What cabs are you riding in? I've stayed at the Tropicana a few vegas blocks away the past few years and that costs $7-$10 for the cab. I would think it would be closer to $20 to get that far.

Comment

Working...
                              X