Info Booth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info Booth

This was the first year for having an Information Booth and the questions to ask are:

- Was it worth it?

- What could make it better?

I personally think it was worth it. It seemed to help alot of people that seemed lost....what is your opinion.
    Life is too short not to enjoy....because you won't get out alive.

http://www.fuckinggoogleit.com/

I thought the info booth kicked ass! It was most excellent for people to meet by or to find a centralized place to get answers, not to mention a reference point on the vendor floor.

What I would like to see is a bigger screen.

Bolder Fonts ... to see across the room.

The interface was a little on the plain side for the screen, something a little more lively would be good too.

You guys need like a blue light and an airhorn to make neat announcements... stuff like that.

Great job info-guys!

Comment

i liked the idea.

cool orange shirts.

a Must Keep for '04
      (the booth, not the shirts.)
      the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Originally posted by blackwave

You guys need like a blue light and an airhorn to make neat announcements... stuff like that.
        And a little stage for Priest. =o)
        the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

The info booth kicked ass. Was most useful to have a central location to check on changes, scores, lost&found, etc.

Worked alot better than the random posters on the walls of years past.
          Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Great Idea, but, it didn't really scream INFO BOOTH. I didn't know if they were just people hanging out, or if it really was a place to ask questions. Liked the screen though. Maybe something dedicated to "The time is" followed by "Current speakers in rooms, next speaker in rooms" That would be cool for people who loose track of time. I missed a coupe of speakers because of this.
            "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Originally posted by hackajar
              I missed a coupe of speakers because of this.
              because of what?
              the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

I for one think it was great. I noticed my security guys got asked a lot fewer questions this year. Last few years security has been the info booth, it was nice to see that delegated to someone else.
                Definately a must for next year.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

i am too the sexy in orange, no?
                  if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

there was an info booth???!?!? .... gotta stop drinking so much.....
                    If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by Siviak
                      Wasnt it adjacent to the mobile bar next to the WoS?
                      Virtutis gloria merces

Comment

THERE WAS A MOBLE BAR TOO??!?!?!?!??! fuck... maybe it was the mescaline....
                        If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by renderman
                          The info booth kicked ass. Was most useful to have a central location to check on changes, scores, lost&found, etc.

Worked alot better than the random posters on the walls of years past.
                          I agree and I feel that the info booth is a nice way to keep in touch and keep the communcation lines open. 'Hey this event has been rescheduled to this time.'

But, I overheard someone say that DC is becoming way too professional while standing near the booth?!!??

What!!??!!??
                          "I am the EPITOME of FRUGALITY, the KING OF CHEAPNESS, the TIGHTEST of the TIGHTWADS, the MASTER-BLASTER of PENNY PINCHING, the BISHOP of UNDER-BUDGETING, the CARDINAL of COST-CUTTING, I AM THE MASTER MISER!!!."

-Jim Sears

Comment

Originally posted by JockVSJock
                            But, I overheard someone say that DC is becoming way too professional while standing near the booth?!!??

What!!??!!??
                            That was probably the voice of someone who comes at 9 and leaves at 5. Or, it was just some fucktard SK.
                            Virtutis gloria merces

Comment

Originally posted by hackajar
                              I missed a coupe of speakers because of this.
                              Originally posted by Siviak

THERE WERE SPEAKERS? AND AN INFO BOOTH?!?

**note to self** stop hanging out with Siviak, you miss everything. that is everything except, um, drinking, carousing, blatant outrageous misbehavior...

I can see it now "Toorcon: Fun with Siviak pt. 2"

(what am I getting myself into?)
                              “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

Comment

Working...
                              X