This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dude java is hella hard!

dude i hate java why the hell did they make do java as a beggining pre req for computer science why not VB?
    */-\CideX*

Originally posted by AcideX
    why the hell did they make do java as a beggining pre req for computer science why not VB?
    Uhh...because it is a Degree not an MCSE.
    perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

dude i hate java why the hell did they make do java as a beggining pre req for computer science why not VB?
      If you code the way you write, you have difficulty with any programming language.
      “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
        Uhh...because it is a Degree not an MCSE.
        LOL.. I love it.
        Kraa: You are Slackware Linux. You are the brightest among your peers, but are often mistaken as insane. Your elegant solutions to problems often take a little longer, but require much less effort to complete.

Comment

--verbose

they are trying to teach you structured thinking... not how to dump your brain onto paper. VB _can_ do that for some that are already to think in that likeness, but seperating language from structure is much more simple with something completely foreign like c++/java.

imo the intro classes should be c. ..really disappointed by the inro classes that use c++ .. can't speak for the ones that use java
          if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by 0versight
            Java is very useful, nothing beats Java Security not even C++, C++ bows down to Java in the Security aspect of it..
            Amen brotha
            Where's the dedication?

Comment

The best java book ever:

http://www.mindview.net/Books/TIJ/

It's written from the perspective of someone moving from C to Java, but it is helpful for a beginning student as well. I was lost until I read this book. Better yet, it's free.
              the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by octalpussy
                The best java book ever:

http://www.mindview.net/Books/TIJ/

It's written from the perspective of someone moving from C to Java, but it is helpful for a beginning student as well. I was lost until I read this book. Better yet, it's free.
                You're going to have to excuse octalpussy, she's new here...what she meant to say was the best JAVA book ever is JAVA in a Nutshell from O'REILLY, and to accompany that book you may want to purchase is JAVA Examples in a Nutshell...

That will be all.
                Where's the dedication?

Comment

Originally posted by TwinVega
                  You're going to have to excuse octalpussy, she's new here...what she meant to say was the best JAVA book ever is JAVA in a Nutshell from O'REILLY, and to accompany that book you may want to purchase is JAVA Examples in a Nutshell...

That will be all.
                  No... those are great references. But for a real down-to-earth explanation of the OO world (something that can be difficult for a strict C programmer), there is nothing better than Thinking in Java. That is all. Carry on.

STFU n00b
                  the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Working...
                  X