Lord of the Rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord of the Rings

Who is excited to see Revenge of the King next tuesday? I have not read the book but I am a huge fan of the movies, and everyone says this will be the greatest of them all! I cant wait

Return of the king :)

Very excited, got my tuesday ticket for 11:59PM today!
    Ulch - that meat was tainted! You feel deathly sick.
    Its ok, you don't like everything, and everyone doesn't like you, so it balances out.

Comment

I guess the "revenge" thing is a joke....
      for those that don't know The thrid starwars "return of the jedi" was tenativly titled "revenge of the jedi" up until a few months before release. As for Tolkien, he has been around for along time, and that mistake should not happen. I am a great enjoyer of the books, and if anyone else is interested in nifty news on lotr check out www.theonering.net
      ~:CK:~
      I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

Originally posted by ck3k
        I guess the "revenge" thing is a joke....
        for those that don't know The thrid starwars "return of the jedi" was tenativly titled "revenge of the jedi" up until a few months before release. As for Tolkien, he has been around for along time, and that mistake should not happen. I am a great enjoyer of the books, and if anyone else is interested in nifty news on lotr check out www.theonering.net

Anyone Besides Kidlinux (GNU!!!!) and I would say that it might have been a mistake.

As for RoTK, Stitch and I already have our tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by kidlinux
          I have not read the book
          This is totally unsurprising.
          "Those who would willingly trade essential liberty for temporary security are deserving of neither." --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by kidlinux
            Who is excited to see Revenge of the King next tuesday?
            Just so you know, it opens next wednesday
            45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
            45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
            [ redacted ]

Comment

this forum's a lot like Lord of the Rings.

LotR has a lot of annoying little people, we have a lot of annoying little people.

The wizard gandalf is played by Sir Ian McKellen, who's gay. Highwizard is gay.
              "Those who would willingly trade essential liberty for temporary security are deserving of neither." --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Seen it

I was prililaged enough to see it last Thursday night.

It's fucking beautiful. 3.5 hours of pure eye candy.

When you see the 6000 riders of Rohan charge off with spears armed... you'll understand what I mean.
                --Shatter

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
                - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

I am glad somebody caught my joke :)

Comment

Shatter, was there really a love scene in the movie? I had heard quite a few rumors of one between Aragorn and Arwyn.
                    I certainly hope they didn't add some elf-human action. Then again, unessasary love scenes in great trilogies have been a trend this year.
                    The dude abides.

Comment

Originally posted by Xodia
                      Then again, unessasary love scenes in great trilogies have been a trend this year.
                      I haven't seen any "great" trilogies this year.

Comment

I had heard quite a few rumors of one between Aragorn and Arwyn.
                        Well, I haven't read the books in over a decade, but I'm fairly sure you're talking about Eowyn.

FUN FACT: The story of Aragorn and Eowyn maps directly onto the Led Zeppelin song "The Battle of Evermore"

"The queen of light (Eowyn) took her bown and then she turned to go. The prince of peace (Aragorn) embraced the gloom (entered the Way of the Dead or whatever it's called) and walked the night alone"

Yeah, I'd google for all the right answers, except I don't care...
                        45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
                        45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
                        [ redacted ]

Comment

Bascule --

The love story as described in the books is between Aragorn and Arwyn, also described as Eventide (dusk). Eowyn is the shieldmaiden of Rohan who thinks she is in love with Aragorn. He does not return her affections. She ends up, I believe, as Faramir's consort.

Originally posted by bascule
                          Well, I haven't read the books in over a decade, but I'm fairly sure you're talking about Eowyn.

FUN FACT: The story of Aragorn and Eowyn maps directly onto the Led Zeppelin song "The Battle of Evermore"

"The queen of light (Eowyn) took her bown and then she turned to go. The prince of peace (Aragorn) embraced the gloom (entered the Way of the Dead or whatever it's called) and walked the night alone"

Yeah, I'd google for all the right answers, except I don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by r0cketgrl
                            Bascule --

The love story as described in the books is between Aragorn and Arwyn, also described as Eventide (dusk). Eowyn is the shieldmaiden of Rohan who thinks she is in love with Aragorn. He does not return her affections. She ends up, I believe, as Faramir's consort.

You are correct on all accounts...except I believe she is Evenstar not Eventide. I am going to verify that as soon as I submit this and will edit if I am wrong.

EDIT. It is Arwen Evenstar
                            http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/a/arwen.html
                            perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Shatter, was there really a love scene in the movie? I had heard quite a few rumors of one between Aragorn and Arwyn.
                              I certainly hope they didn't add some elf-human action. Then again, unessasary love scenes in great trilogies have been a trend this year.

Uhhh... depends on your definition.

If you are 5 years old.. then yes. They were having sex.

If you are 10 years old then it's "EWWWW HE TOUCHED A GIRL"

If you're over the age of 14 then gave her a big "You are Liv Tyler, a very hot babe, and I havn't seen you since the middle of Movie 1, so gimme some suger baby" kiss.

There just isn't enough time in the movie for a love scene. They're too busy killing thousands of orc.

teaser:

Best quote of the movie, Gimli to Legolas "That only conts as ONE!!!"
                              --Shatter

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
                              - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Working...
                              X