Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does my AP room rate include DC12 registration???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does my AP room rate include DC12 registration???

WTF???

When I called the Alexis Park like I do every year, I stated that I was a member of defcon. I get the same room every year. I always verify the price against the Alexis Park website. For the type of room, according to the website, the price is $189 a night. It sounded reasonable.

I then got the charge to my credit card. $245!!! WTF MATE?! So I called back to verify the room cost. $225 a night plus tax. 'But that's not what's on the website.'

"Reserving a room on the website does not guarantee you a room at the Alexis Park. (where does it guarantee you a room??) By paying the extra money, you are guaranteeing that you have a room reserved for you." ummm..... Right. I thought that’s what deposits were for.

Has anyone else had this problem? IS THIS RIGHT?? Is the price going to jump next year as well?

Anybody have REASONABLE suggestions?

-FRESHMAN

while I do not directly have the answer to your question, the posted price for a Monarch suite on their site is more than the actual price they are charging. That being said I would not put too much faith in it.
    Our rooms were all charged first night as a placeholder and were charged 129 plus tax, ten dollars less than the posted price.

Comment

you shouldnt be asking in here , you should call up alexis park and ask them , why its this , when it says this..... and they well tell you why.

Comment

Ok,

Perhaps I should have included that quote noted in my orignal post (attached below) was what I was told by the AP employee confirming my reservation today when I questioned the daily rate, 2 weeks after I made the reservation.

"Reserving a room on the website does not guarantee you a room at the Alexis Park. By paying the extra money, you are guaranteeing that you have a room reserved for you." - AP reservation desk

I have talked to the AP, I guess I'm curious who else this has happened to.

-FRESHMAN

Comment

Originally posted by freshman
          Ok,

Perhaps I should have included that quote noted in my orignal post (attached below) was what I was told by the AP employee confirming my reservation today when I questioned the daily rate, 2 weeks after I made the reservation.

"Reserving a room on the website does not guarantee you a room at the Alexis Park. By paying the extra money, you are guaranteeing that you have a room reserved for you." - AP reservation desk

-FRESHMAN
          and THAT my friend is why I am already getting calls from the smarter people...for reservations at Chez Siviak for the weekend :)
          If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by freshman
            Ok,

-FRESHMAN

I emailed DT about your situation. I will post back once I hear something.
            perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Well, Roamer has roused me from hibernation early with this issue.

I will have the appropriate persons have a talk to with the hotel regarding the issues that you are having. Hopefully we can get it cleared up by the middle of next week.
              blackbeetle

Comment

I've noticed that this year, the prices are exorbitantly high. Normally, the "Defcon" rate is $25 more per night than the regular rack rate. This is sucky, but it's been discussed before. This year, however, it seems the rates are $50 higher than the usual rates. That's not only a major increase from what we've been paying for the last several years, but it's flat out highway robbery.

I really hope this gets fixed. Until then, I'll be staying next door, where there are reasonable rates, a genuinely helpful staff, and free breakfast.
                the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

This year I'm going for the smallest room again. It was $99 last year, this year it is $119. I called to extend the stay by one day earlier and they wanted $139!

Yes, they are getting greedy.
                  Last edited by astcell; March 5, 2004, 22:01.

Comment

Well, as it is, all the relevant people who we would speakt ot are gone for the weekend. We will do our best to get everything resolved quickly and tidily.
                    blackbeetle

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                      This year I'm going for the smallest room again. It was $99 last year, this year it is $119. I called to extend the stay by one day earlier and they wanted $139!

Yes, they are getting greedy.
                      It was $129 a night for me.. I guess they decided to split the difference..
                      Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

I feel the pain of everyone, I'm getting the same room I have had in the past and I too have seen a big price increase.

Comment

OP: you stay at the St. TroPEZZ correct?

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
                            I feel the pain of everyone, I'm getting the same room I have had in the past and I too have seen a big price increase.
                            What I find really interesting is something Bodhi had mentioned to me. Why is it that the weeks before and after DC, the same room is $139 to $159 (weekend) a night??

Chris or blackbeetle,
                            Has anyone talked to the AP yet?

-FRESHMAN

Comment

I have spoken with the AP directkly. We are currently working on a solution to reserving rooms that will be pain free for everyone. It should be, hopefully, resolved by tonight.

Rates that are offered on dates other than the conference we have no control over- just as many of the individual hotels have no control over large wholesalers like Expedia or Orbitz bartering better rates with "corporate headquarters" than what they would like to offer at a given time. Because we have a multi-year contract, our rates are set long in advance. We can only hope to re-negotiate yearly based on economic trends (which is why we don't post our contracted rates years in advance) but we can never count on any hotel lowering rates or even considering this - costs increase every year for everyone, including the running of the show, inflation, and the cost of running a hotel. That's a basic fact.

In your case, you will want to speak with the hotel directly regarding the charges once the website is up. And of course, there is always the recourse of contesting the charge if the hotel refuses to honor the established rates.
                              blackbeetle

Comment

Working...
                              X