Defcon Shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defcon Shoot

Where can I find out more about the Defcon Shoot? I've just read various accounts of it I found through Google (and seen some awesome posters) but can't find any specifics. If anyone can link me to where planning might be going on for the shoot at Defcon 12 (if that's somewhere other than here) I'd be much obliged.

Everything is starting to get going for Defcon 12. Keep watching these pages and all the events will propagate accordingly. It's still a little early, but this is the right place!

Comment

Not too much will change for DC12. Provided they havent built a housing complex at the shoot location, we'll use the same location as the last few years. We (the DC Shoot folks) are working on some stuff for this year, but don't worry, its going to happen again.

Some things to keep an eye out for

More .50 cal fun!

Supressed weapons (including a fully supressed .50 cal!)

Potential Machinegun fun!

As always, this is open to anyone (yes, you BATFE guys are welcome to attend too)

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Cool. I was going to ask if there would be a problem with bringing a MAC-10 SMG, but sounds like it shouldn't be.

Any advice for the best way to get something like a MAC-10 registered in Nevada prior to the con?

Comment

Originally posted by lars
          Any advice for the best way to get something like a MAC-10 registered in Nevada prior to the con?
          Doesn't Nevada have open carry laws for Class III weapons?

And typically doesn't a gun have to be inspected to be registered?
          45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
          45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
          [ redacted ]

Comment

I can't wait!!! I've never been so I don't know but are .357 ok?

Pics from DC719 shoot in Feb 2004.
            http://www.angelfire.com/freak2/miss_bree/dc719.html
            "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Originally posted by lars
              Cool. I was going to ask if there would be a problem with bringing a MAC-10 SMG, but sounds like it shouldn't be.

well, is this a title 1 or 2 firearm? Since the MAC comes in both semi-auto and fully-auto varieties, you need to be a little clearer.

If it's semi-auto, then as far as the law is concerned, its a pistol and theres no worries. Bring it out and have fun.

If its a machine gun, then you have to contact the ATF prior to leaving your home state and file a form with them that basically says 'I'm taking this registered NFA item from my state of ___ to the state of ___ for ___ reason'. Now, this form isnt a request to to do it, its just a notice to them that you are doing it. I am also assuming that if this is a real machine gun its a fully ATF registered gun (either on a form 1,3, or 4). If this is an illegaly converted machine gun, you probably shouldnt be talking about it in an open forum and please dont bring it to Defcon. We're all about the fun toys, provided they are legal.
              Last edited by noid; March 14, 2004, 08:54.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Originally posted by lil_freak
                I can't wait!!! I've never been so I don't know but are .357 ok?
                seeing as there will be machine guns and 50 caliber rifles there, I dont see why it wouldn't be. I'll (probably) have mine.

Comment

NFA What? Title 2 huh?

Figured some of ya'll might not have the slightest idea what the fuck I'm talking about on some of the gun stuff. Heres a link to a pretty good FAQ relating to all things NFA.

http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.e...st/nfa_faq.txt

Comment

Before anyone decides to carry a concealed weapon in Las Vegas, just make sure you check the laws first.

http://www.packing.org

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
                      Before anyone decides to carry a concealed weapon in Las Vegas, just make sure you check the laws first.

http://www.packing.org

It's also I good idea if you do have a concealed weapons permit to make sure it is honored in the state your traveling to or that its a reciprocity to where your permit was issued.
                      "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Depending on the status of my funds at the time and if I will take the time to jump through the hoops I might bring this with me too the shoot. http://www.cx4storm.com
                        The penguin is watching.
                        "The DefCon forums dont reward knowledge, but punish iggnorance." -Noid

Comment

Originally posted by EeeekPenguins
                          Depending on the status of my funds at the time and if I will take the time to jump through the hoops I might bring this with me too the shoot. http://www.cx4storm.com

I fired one of these a while back, really fun gun. I'm thinking about getting one myself. Especialy since it will take high-cap Barretta 92 magazines. I want a carbine in a pistol caliber and these are far cheaper than a 9mm AR-15 or an HK-94 (or even a SW5). I like the bottom mounted rail and full length pic rail on top.

Comment

Originally posted by noid
                            I'm thinking about getting one myself.
                            Goddamit. There's no way that's getting sold here. Fucking California.

Comment

Yea, we're so safe here in CA. Maybe we can't have it because Priest lives here.

Comment

Working...
                              X