Alexis Park Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before anyone flames the AP

Before anyone begins to flame the AP for this "policy" you should understand that it is NOT the AP who determines if a charge authorization is held or not (the AP of course has a right to check and make sure the credit card has enough to charge the full amount to and make sure the card is "live" and when this occurs, it is called a charge authorization). It is the credit card company policy that determines this and each CC company and type of card has a different policy.
    blackbeetle

Comment

Originally posted by blackbeetle
      Before anyone begins to flame the AP for this "policy" you should understand that it is NOT the AP who determines if a charge authorization is held or not (the AP of course has a right to check and make sure the credit card has enough to charge the full amount to and make sure the card is "live" and when this occurs, it is called a charge authorization). It is the credit card company policy that determines this and each CC company and type of card has a different policy.
      Well I always pay cash, and last year the incidental deposit was $50/night on cash.... I stayed for 5 days. When I arrived I had to pay for the last 4 days (1st day is the deposit) + $50 x 5 nights so it came out to like $750. I got my $250 back when I checked out.

I think it'll be $50 again this year. It's been that price 3 years running that I can remember.
      "Just when I thought I was out.......They pull me back in"
      - Neural's Godfather moment

Comment

Actually, no.... that's not true. When the AP requests an authorisation, they request a certain amount above the price of the room, just as any other hotel does. Same with car rentals and bar tabs. Now this is normally a reasonable amount, around $100-150 over for hotel rooms. The AP *chooses* to request $100 a day over the cost of the room. I've never had that problem at ANY other hotel, using the same cards. Also, having worked in the service industry, I'm quite familiar with the credit card authorisation system... you authorise the card ahead of time for a specific amount, then anything extra will drop off after the actual charge has been processed.

For those of us that don't have platinum credit cards, this can be a HUGE inconvenience, as it ties up all of our remaining funds.
        the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Some companies will just authorize $1.00 for approval just to guarantee that the card is good. It's kind of nice when they do that, but it can make checkout a living hell if the guy in front of you has no more room on his card.

Comment

We have asked a detailing of the reservations/room policies from AP to be posted on the website as well as their registration page so everyone knows what to expect.
            blackbeetle

Comment

BlackBeetle

We have asked a detailing of the reservations/room policies from AP to be posted on the website as well as their registration page so everyone knows what to expect.

How come you are so kind.. whip out your laser beam stare and zap them into whatever it is we want them to be?

tw

Comment

Originally posted by octalpus
                Actually, no.... that's not true. When the AP requests an authorisation, they request a certain amount above the price of the room, just as any other hotel does. Same with car rentals and bar tabs. Now this is normally a reasonable amount, around $100-150 over for hotel rooms. The AP *chooses* to request $100 a day over the cost of the room. I've never had that problem at ANY other hotel, using the same cards. Also, having worked in the service industry, I'm quite familiar with the credit card authorisation system... you authorise the card ahead of time for a specific amount, then anything extra will drop off after the actual charge has been processed.

For those of us that don't have platinum credit cards, this can be a HUGE inconvenience, as it ties up all of our remaining funds.
                Seriously, since you understand. How can a person pay cash up front for a room and still have to fight with the hotel 4 days after check out to get their money back for charges equal to 120% of the cost.
                Paid 516 cash on check in, still have a charge for 578 on my card.

Comment

I just called AP five minutes ago and attempted to make a reservation. I was asked if I was with Defcon, and (in an attempt to avoid extra charges) I simply replied, "excuse me?" I played dumb, not knowing what Defcon is, and said I would just be there on vacation.

In response, I was told that the only rooms available start at $199/night. (This figure doesn't even appear on their website).

I didn't make a reservation, but said I'd shop around instead.

I've checked the availability at St. Tropez... only 3 rooms left that weekend.
                  You heard me.

Comment

I'm so used to using services like Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, etc... that I didn't even think of contacting the hotel, I just looked around. Most of the services didn't have any rooms left, but I finally found some rooms available through Number1hotels.com. Got the 29th at 99.97, and the remaining at 112.97 (Friday, Saturday, & Sunday)

Comment

Originally posted by ceyan
                      I'm so used to using services like Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, etc... that I didn't even think of contacting the hotel, I just looked around. Most of the services didn't have any rooms left, but I finally found some rooms available through Number1hotels.com. Got the 29th at 99.97, and the remaining at 112.97 (Friday, Saturday, & Sunday)

wow.. you get a confirmation number on that?

tw

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWeenie
                        wow.. you get a confirmation number on that?

tw

Yeah, I even double-checked with a call when I read this post and saw the prices everyone was being quoted.

Comment

Did you call the AP to double check on your rooms? I am sure they will pull some BS.
                          ~:CK:~
                          I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

I got one for $140 total per night for two beds. No discount for wed/thurs either :(
                            --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

Working...
                            X