Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, growing up in LA I thought I had it made. Running water, flush terlets, and seven TV channels. Nine if you count 28 and 52.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
      Yup, growing up in LA I thought I had it made. Running water, flush terlets, and seven TV channels. Nine if you count 28 and 52.
      I know your just kidding...

But seriously.. what was it like to be one of the first people to drive in a Model-T?

Comment

When I was a kid we didn't have microwaves, our experiments were things like finding the biggest thing that can still be flushed down a toilet.
        Hadn't you discovered fireworks? (or did they go in the toilet as well?)
        “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

Comment

Back then fireworks were still legal. And yes we did have 7 VHF and 2 UHF channels, and they went off the air at night!

Comment

And then you had to walk 15 miles through the snow, uphill both ways. But by this time they didn't have those new confangled concrete roads like they do nowdays. You needed two machetes, one to hack through the jungle and the other to defend yourself from bandits.

Comment

Originally posted by enethica
              And then you had to walk 15 miles through the snow, uphill both ways. But by this time they didn't have those new confangled concrete roads like they do nowdays. You needed two machetes, one to hack through the jungle and the other to defend yourself from bandits.

He had to walk barefoot to school over razor blade road and across rubbing alcohol river.

Comment

Originally posted by enethica
                And then you had to walk 15 miles through the snow, uphill both ways.
                Nah that was my Dad. :D

Comment

Back then fireworks were still legal. And yes we did have 7 VHF and 2 UHF channels, and they went off the air at night!
                  Yeah but the best thing was that on the UHF channels after 10:PM, Benny Hill came on and you could catch some topless chick comedy sketches. Other than that they just played old westerns...and what kid wanted to watch that?
                  Ya got no legs, don't come crawlin' to me.

Comment

Benny Hill was not out back then.

Comment

Benny Hill was not out back then.
                      You poor, poor, poor, poor, poor old man. :(

Battle of the Planets and Speed Racer in the morning and Benny Hill at night. What more could a six year old want on TV? Certainly not Mom watching Dallas.

And TV dinners. Of course, this was pre-microwave, so they had foil on top. Nothing like being raised on processed food.

<tearing up> Good times, good times. </wiping away tears>

Excuse me, I feel a need to go get a Hungry Man from the fridge.

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
                        Are these the ones that you do with h3adrush?
                        HW what are you talking about? I am so lost right now.
                        "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Speed Racer rocked. And Kimba the White Lion. Then back to VHF for Dragnet. A few years later I got to stay home from school to watch Neil Armstrong walk on the moon.

Oh yea. And all of L.A. spoke English. Five years later my class took a field trip to Olvera Street to go see what Mexicans look like.

Comment

Oh yea. And all of L.A. spoke English. Five years later my class took a field trip to Olvera Street to go see what Mexicans look like.
                            I'll bet dollars to donuts that you took that field trip around Christmas time. My class took the same field trip. Of course, this was at a time when kids actually played outside after school. Kick the can, Ghost in the Graveyard, doorbell ditch...Good times, good times.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeSchmuck
                              You poor, poor, poor, poor, poor old man. :(

Battle of the Planets and Speed Racer in the morning and Benny Hill at night. What more could a six year old want on TV? Certainly not Mom watching Dallas.

And TV dinners. Of course, this was pre-microwave, so they had foil on top. Nothing like being raised on processed food.

<tearing up> Good times, good times. </wiping away tears>

Excuse me, I feel a need to go get a Hungry Man from the fridge.
                              It's ALL about Starblazers man! (amazing how those incredible graphics and deep storyling have become ... somehow... less when I watch it now)
                              “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

Comment

Working...
                              X