Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Bed/Floor Space available

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Possible Bed/Floor Space available

    Possible bed and floor space available in my room this year. As of right now none of my friends have asked to use the pull out bed down stairs or the floor space, so I am opening up to the rest of the community. Make your offers here... If anything looks good we'll see what we can do.

    FYI: Stitch and I will have the Bedroom up stairs and you might not get much sleep since there are always people in the room partying.


    Post here and Don't PM me.. If you PM me chances are I won't read it.
    Last edited by highwizard; May 24, 2004, 20:16.

  • #2
    Not all who wander are ...

    ...staying at the Alexis Park. Damn.

    I am checking to see what else I can find - but I am currently roomless once again.


    This should sum up how I am feeling right now:

    <Stanley Spadowski>Life is like a mop. Sometimes life gets full of dirt and crud and hairballs and things and you gotta clean it out. You gotta stick it in here and rinse it off and start all over again. And sometimes life sticks to the floor so much that a mop, a mop, it's not good enough. You gotta get down there with like a toothbrush, you know, and you gotta really scrub 'cause you gotta get it off! But if that doesn't work, you can't give up! You gotta stand right up! You gotta run to a window and say, "Hey! These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!</Stanley Spadowski>

    I may be looking for some floorspace.

    The aptly named
    LosT

    Comment


    • #3
      I planned on 4 but only have 2. Not to say the extra space will be committed before con, since if you don't know me why the hell would you want to sleep near me. But I am open to offers.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by astcell
        since if you don't know me why the hell would you want to sleep near me.
        Yeah, this is what I'm thinking. It's quite frustrating what happened, but it's not shocking, I knew that I had waited too long to get reservations...

        How badly does it suck attending the CON but not staying in the AP? Is it really that bad? Thoughts?


        LosT

        Comment


        • #5
          Well I ONLY stay at the AP but others say At Tropez is as good. I think nthey're just cheap. Sour grapes and all that. Heck you have a YEAR to save for it!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by astcell
            Well I ONLY stay at the AP but others say At Tropez is as good. I think nthey're just cheap. Sour grapes and all that. Heck you have a YEAR to save for it!
            St. Tropez is only a difference of a few bucks, so if you're cheap, that's not the answer. The difference is that the service is good and the rooms are QUIET. Whole place is controlled access. No one running up to your room and banging on the door at 5am. Clean pools, nice breakfast... can't beat it.
            the fresh princess of 1338

            What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by astcell
              I planned on 4 but only have 2. Not to say the extra space will be committed before con, since if you don't know me why the hell would you want to sleep near me. But I am open to offers.
              Round one for me is if anyone throws out a good offer. Round two is a reference by someone that I now, telling me that this person isn't going to steal my shit/mess up my room.

              Comment


              • #8
                That's why I'm looking for another place...

                Originally posted by highwizard
                Round one for me is if anyone throws out a good offer. Round two is a reference by someone that I now, telling me that this person isn't going to steal my shit/mess up my room.

                I understand all of this, which is why I'm looking for another place. In a worst case situation I'll wind up just driving to the con and trying to figure things out when I get there. Hell, it IS Vegas, there has to be SOMEWHERE I can stay...and since this is my first Con I'm actually going to make it to I don't exactly know many people that I can stay with. Hopefully that will be different next year.

                I tried to get a room at the HardRock, but it's full as well. I'm trying to go down the list of places suggested here and the Con main page. I'll have a car, but I'm wondering if you 'miss out' by not staying in the AP? That's what I was getting at. I can already tell from some of the posts here that some people prefer to stay away from the AP, while others won't stay anywhere else. I guess it's just like anything else, it will be what you make of it...

                LosT

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by LosT
                  I understand all of this, which is why I'm looking for another place. In a worst case situation I'll wind up just driving to the con and trying to figure things out when I get there. Hell, it IS Vegas, there has to be SOMEWHERE I can stay...and since this is my first Con I'm actually going to make it to I don't exactly know many people that I can stay with. Hopefully that will be different next year.

                  I tried to get a room at the HardRock, but it's full as well. I'm trying to go down the list of places suggested here and the Con main page. I'll have a car, but I'm wondering if you 'miss out' by not staying in the AP? That's what I was getting at. I can already tell from some of the posts here that some people prefer to stay away from the AP, while others won't stay anywhere else. I guess it's just like anything else, it will be what you make of it...

                  LosT

                  http://defcon.stotan.org/faq/index.htm

                  Some good listings of Hotels

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hell or highwater...

                    Originally posted by highwizard
                    http://defcon.stotan.org/faq/index.htm

                    Some good listings of Hotels

                    Thanks. Its strange, I've been attempting to attend DefCON for about 5 years now. Something ALWAYS comes up. I just was hoping to stay at the AP my first year (didn't want to miss out on anything)-

                    One way or another I'll see everyone at the CON. I may be trying to barter some floor space if nothing else works out, but I'm sick of not being able to attend.

                    LosT

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by LosT
                      How badly does it suck attending the CON but not staying in the AP? Is it really that bad? Thoughts?
                      LosT
                      A critical part of the con is being in the area for after hour con events (i.e. dj by pool 2, room rushes, sponsored gatherings guarded by really big guys by the door). It looks like there are a couple of rooms already shown here as possbilities. I would encourage you to pursue them.

                      For myself, Defcon wouldn't be Defcon if I wasn't at the Hotel it's held at. It just isn't the same...
                      “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by LosT
                        How badly does it suck attending the CON but not staying in the AP? Is it really that bad? Thoughts?
                        This will be year #8 for me (even though I was not at DC11) and I've stayed at the same hotel as the con each year I attended, except one. One year, I stayed at the Amerisuites with the idea that it was cheaper, had nicer rooms, and offered free morning breakfast.

                        In reality, the walks were annoying, socializing was inconvenient and less comfortable without a "quiet" spot to talk in peace (like a room near the con) and who wants to leave to con to walk half a block back to your room in the hot weather?

                        Events happen with a frequency inversely proportional to proximity of the con; the further you are away from the con, the less you see, hear and experience.

                        I think at DC6 there was a "power failure" at one point in the eve in the hotel, and some clueless people had the bright idea to steal video cameras from the halls, but after being informed of various backup power, and alternate circuits, and being shown the nifty "red lights" on the cameras were still on during the power failure, they chose not to convert cameras into swag and door prizes. Then at DC 7 or 8, someone had the bright idea to use RF in unkind ways to make radios used by employees of the hotel useless...

                        [RANT]Sadly, with events like this, Priest almost always interrupts various speakers to tell those who are listening to presentations how we are as people are lower than Archae or Prokaryotes to do such things, while in reality, most of the people actually in the presentations are likely not the people who have done the things which we are being accused.[/RANT]

                        Anyway, the point is you actually see things like this. Maybe it will be 2 grown men getting totally naked in the tee shirt sales area running around and dancing, or the "Bad Kitty" replacement (nobody can replace her...) actually removing clothing which exposes something during Hacker Jeopardy (something that was never expected to be exposed during Hacker Jeopardy) or Phone's detention by authorities for the Magnetic Field Gun he built, or the various things which happen at the con. Things happen and you can hear about it by staying away from the hotel of the con, or you can better your chances to see it by staying at the hotel of the con.

                        These events are not the primary reason for attending, but all are included in the experience and are great points of conversation to aid the whole socialization process with your peers at the con... ( A useful thing if you do not know many people at the con. )

                        "Hey! Did you hear about the blah-blah-blah over at the blah-blah-blah last night? No? Let me tell you all about it..."

                        HTH

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Thanks for ruining my thread... Bitches.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by highwizard
                            Thanks for ruining my thread... Bitches.
                            If I bought you a beer at the con would it make you feel better? If so, what brand would that be?
                            (Did not mean to offend.)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Detention due to possession of a magnetic field gun? You gotta post the details on that....

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X