Using Exploits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Exploits

I have read the board rules and dont think this is breaking any but if it is, can a mod or admin just delete this topic, cheers
    I would like to know how to hack using exploits, does anyone know any good eBooks? or be willing to tell me how to do it. I am not a n00b when it comes to hacking, I know stuff about it, it is said that if you know how people hack, you can learn how to reduce the risk of you being hacked yourself. my email address is ajb1388@hotmail.com if you would prefere to talk to me over msn about it, thank you
    -Aj3001

www.google.com

All your answers are there.

I have the strange feeling that your ass is grass and Chris is gunna smoke it.
    The penguin is watching.
    "The DefCon forums dont reward knowledge, but punish iggnorance." -Noid

Comment

Originally posted by aj3001
      I have read the board rules [chop]
      Did you read the one in section 4? (2nd half in the "guidelines")

I would like to know how to hack using exploits... (chop) or be willing to tell me how to do it.
      See Section4:
      4. The ‘teach me to hack’ or ‘could you hack this for me’ Posts

Such requests for aid are not well received. People that I consider hackers did not "learn to hack" but instead learned how things worked very well, and as a side benefit of intimate knowledge of a "thing" they could make that thing perform tasks for which the item was not designed. People who I would consider hackers spend huge amounts of time working on things for relatively small "payoffs" (if you define a payoff as an exploit or clever result to make something perform a task it was not designed to perform.) [Those I consider hackers would consider the payoff to be the learning, not the product.]

As such, from my point of view, there is no "hacking class" for people to take. The closest I have found are mentors who guide and assist like-minded people who are independent learners that only occasionally need help. However, there are very few people who I consider Hackers who are also kind enough [or skilled as teachers] to mentor others, and when they choose to do this, they seem to choose people who demonstrate self education (like using freaking google before asking a Question) not people who come and ask, "can you teach me to hack."

[Edit: Added content above in [ ] ]

Comment

I would like to know how to hack using exploits, does anyone know any good eBooks? or be willing to tell me how to do it. I am not a n00b when it comes to hacking, I know stuff about it, it is said that if you know how people hack, you can learn how to reduce the risk of you being hacked yourself.

ex·ploit
        n.
        An act or deed, especially a brilliant or heroic one.

tr.v. ex·ploit·ed, ex·ploit·ing, ex·ploits (k-sploit, ksploit)
        1. To employ to the greatest possible advantage: exploit one's talents.
        2. To make use of selfishly or unethically: a country that exploited peasant labor.
        3. To advertise; promote.

That said, it's arguable how much benefit to your own security you'll get from learning the craft of exploit writing (I'm assuming that's what you meant, otherwise go back to drinking paint).

There have been multiple real books published on this topic in the past year. Go to your local bookstore. But you already knew about that right? cause you're not a "n00b".. right?
        a pc-0x90 by any other name is a nummish..
        Bigger 1:23

Comment

Originally posted by 0versight
          Learn to program in C++, which most exploits are written in, when you look at exploits, it will come easy to you.
          Also learn COBOL, because that's what the rest of the exploits are written in.
          "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Originally posted by lil_freak
            You're forgetting the ohday Haskell code too.. tsk tsk
            a pc-0x90 by any other name is a nummish..
            Bigger 1:23

Comment

I have read the board rules and dont think this is breaking any
              Don't think this is breaking any? THINK HARDER HOMER
              45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
              45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
              [ redacted ]

Comment

I am not a n00b when it comes to hacking, I know stuff about it, ....... my email address is ajb1388@hotmail.com if you would prefere to talk to me over msn about it, thank you
                -Aj3001
                If you said you were a "n00b" and totally clueless you probably would have gotten more help then coming in here and acting like you knew something. Crawl back up in your mothers uterus and die!

Comment

Funny as hell...

Originally posted by lil_freak

I must be really tired, but this was funny as hell.

You could argue that all the exploits written in COBOL are possible because anyone that could fix an exploit in COBOL is DEAD.

LosT

Comment

I've seen a strong correlation between people that make their first post and it being an invalid request or outragous question, even after reading the forum rules... I think if you can make it past your first few posts, you can do alright.

aj3001, I hate to use a cliche but.... learn the ways of google/books...

/me doesn't look forward to the person that make their next first post, being a new thread...(a trend of new "n00bs" to the forums).. in l33T 5p34k, sub-english or large request before not looking around or lurking on the forums much before posting too.

Thanks to the great flameage and good moderating... the defcon forum is a place of order (outside of the once religion and pol. section that is) in a world of chaos that are "hacker" forums...
                    The only constant in the universe is change itself

Comment

I had been searching on google but found nothing useful, I thought I would just ask on a site with hackers on, I will look at learning C, thanks people who said something useful

Comment

Originally posted by LosT

You could argue that all the exploits written in COBOL are possible because anyone that could fix an exploit in COBOL is DEAD.
                        :p Hey now, I program in COBOL. Does this mean that I'm dead and just don't know it?

I had been searching on google but found nothing useful, I thought I would just ask on a site with hackers on, I will look at learning C, thanks people who said something useful
                        In doing a Google search, I found quite a few helpful things. I also came accross a few non-helpfull things as well. All you need to do is spend some time seraching, if you don't come accross what your looking for redefine your search "key" words.

C is a very good program to learn. I also would reccommend learning more than just one one programming language, it helps in the long run.
                        "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/googlehks/index.html

To enhance your googling skills

http://cprog.oreilly.com/

For your C/C++

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/1593270070/index.html
                          http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...64933?v=glance
                          http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...64933?v=glance
                          http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...975482-8164933

More books for you to read so you become a 1337 |-|4x0|2 like everyone here.

To get a true feeling of hacking read these forums and listen to people. Dont post a question with out using google or searching the forums first. I'm almost sure that google or this forums holds your answers. Actually read the rules and abide by them. Don't say you googled and didnt find anything, you didnt google hard enough. No one here will teach you how to hack or perform illegal activities. This is a public forum that logs IP's and is also read by fed's. There should be enough information in these books to keep you from posting for a while. Now read those and dont come back until your done. Also read the quote by Noid in my signature it might give you a better feeling on how the DefCon forums operate.
                          Last edited by EeeekPenguins; June 24, 2004, 12:31.
                          The penguin is watching.
                          "The DefCon forums dont reward knowledge, but punish iggnorance." -Noid

Comment

Originally posted by LosT

LosT
                            There is quite more than you think... I know COBOL, and there is aloth of people knowing it... Beleive it or not COBOL is't a dead language...
                            /* NO COMMENT */

Comment

Originally posted by dataworm
                              There is quite more than you think... I know COBOL, and there is aloth of people knowing it... Beleive it or not COBOL is't a dead language...
                              Yeah, I'm not dead then. :D

As Dataworm said COBOL is not a "dead language"
                              COBOL POST

Comment

Working...
                              X