Spot The Fed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m33k33r00
    ~ feds humm prob hiding behind a tree trying to blend in...warm jackets in sweltering heat etc etc...~
    Because hiding behind a tree or wearing a jacket in 105 degree heat will help them blend in?
    Ya got no legs, don't come crawlin' to me.

Comment

I have some more... sort of obvious, but will add them anyway.

An early question to weed out people who are too young to be retired:
      Are you Employed?

For this next one, if the answer is "yes" then they are probably not a fed, or if they are a fed, maybe IRS. (heh-heh)
      Is the primary goal of the organization, which pays you for your work, to make a profit?
      (Note: this is not good enough by itself. False positives for teachers, firemen, and other state
      employees. To be used with other questions.)

Without leaving your organization, is the person who has the greatest control over the people in the organzation given the title of "Director"? How about Corporate Executive Officer?
      If Director, then more points towards being a Fed (but no guarantee), if No, the points away from being a Fed. If Yes to "CEO" then Not a fed.

Without leaving your organization, is the person with the greatest control over the people in your organization appointed to their position? Are they appointed to this position by a person who was (an) elected official(s) at the time of the appointment?
      (Again, not perfect, but helpful to add or remove points)

Without leaving your organization, is the person with the greatest control over the people in your organization nominated to their position? Are they nominated to this position by a person who was (an) elected official(s) at the time of the nomination?
      (Again, not perfect, but helpful to add or remove points)

Without leaving your organization, does the person with the greatest control over the people in your organization report as a subordinate to one or more elected officials?
      (Often Directors have annual reports they must disclose in an official capacity on simple things like spending, and progress reports may be included more frequently.)

Not perfect, but helpful in weeding out some non-feds, and helping to score some people as being more likely to being feds.
      Last edited by TheCotMan; July 15, 2004, 17:20. Reason: fix typo(s)

Comment

Do places like MITRE count as "the fed"?

LosT

Comment

Originally posted by LosT

LosT
          They make saws, right?

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
            They make saws, right?
            MITRE

Actually, they are used when the Gov't. needs to not get its hands dirty.

LosT

Comment

MITRE

Actually, they are used when the Gov't. needs to not get its hands dirty.

LosT
              What do you mean OUR goverment? Mine is divine and pure!

Comment

What do you mean OUR goverment? Mine is divine and pure!
                shush you...what would you know about OUR government?!?
                Where's the dedication?

Comment

LosT
                  I've worked with MITRE. I'd say they should definitely count as "the fed," but hey, it's not up to me.

Comment

CSC, MITRE, Northrop-Grumman, Accenture, SAIC, Lockheed-Martin, etc shouldn't be considered Feds due to the whole arrest power thing. They may have contracts to do investigations, but only true-blue govies do the rough stuff. ;)
                    Aut disce aut discede

Comment

Originally posted by Shalome
                      I've worked with MITRE. I'd say they should definitely count as "the fed," but hey, it's not up to me.
                      You're not the fed unless you can make me respect your AUTHORITAH, which is pretty hard considering I'm a hippie
                      45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
                      45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
                      [ redacted ]

Comment

Originally posted by Rebourne
                        Okay, just curious but would any one have any suggestions on how to stop a fed? now i know this is just a little game to see if anyone really can pick a fed out of a group of people - but any hints, tips, body behavior to look for? just curious
                        you could always try flashing a fed...they prob. dont get that too often :D
                        once you realize that nothing makes sense...it ALL makes perfect sense

Comment

Originally posted by S n O

Ummm, or maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by S n O
                            As I mentioned in another thread, When traveling back home from SLC, UT, I was asked to drop my pants by Airport Security Screeners while I was in public. (No privacy shield at all.) I wonder what would have happened if I was not wearing underwear? Is it indecent exposure if you are asked by feds, or airport security to drop your pants and hold your arms out while they scan you? ;-)

Comment

Yeah? But what if the person was asked to drop their pants?
                              ]:>

Comment

but did he get off?

(ba dum bum)
                                We own everything so you don't have to!

Comment

Working...
                                X