Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC 13 Theme?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DC 13 Theme?

    Hi All,
    Does DEFCON need a theme or topic on which to focus talks or events? Most conventions have some type of theme, then again, DEFCON is not a typical convention.

  • #2
    Originally posted by big chopper
    Hi All,
    Does DEFCON need a theme or topic on which to focus talks or events? Most conventions have some type of theme, then again, DEFCON is not a typical convention.

    Yes, the theme will be hacking.

    :p

    Comment


    • #3
      I was thinking we'd go with 'Under the Sea' or 'Arabian Nights'. Worked for my prom, should work for Defcon.

      As far as themes go, we just go with whats topical. If the community wants to learn about VoIP and forensics, we'll focus on that, if they want to learn about attacking firewalls, we'll go that way.

      I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

      Comment


      • #4
        Can we use the theme from 'All in the Family'? I really hate it and want to inflict it on others.

        Comment


        • #5
          The fun think about talks is thinking of something now that will still be interesting at Defcon.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by noid
            I was thinking we'd go with 'Under the Sea' or 'Arabian Nights'. Worked for my prom, should work for Defcon.

            As far as themes go, we just go with whats topical. If the community wants to learn about VoIP and forensics, we'll focus on that, if they want to learn about attacking firewalls, we'll go that way.
            My new signature says it all..
            Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

            Comment


            • #7
              When I was thinking about a theme...

              Maybe something like this?
              http://home.comcast.net/~guitarfreek.../Defconowl.jpg

              Comment


              • #8
                So you want it owl themed or owl trap themed?

                I could go for either.

                I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by big chopper
                  Odd... I saw a dead owl on the shoulder of the freeway the other day. No use of owl traps was evident, however.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by skroo
                    Odd... I saw a dead owl on the shoulder of the freeway the other day. No use of owl traps was evident, however.
                    Any DefCON used? Kills owls dead.

                    LosT

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Humor theme

                      You know, hacking <i>can be</i> pretty funny. Maybe DEFCON XII needs a humor track?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by big chopper
                        You know, hacking <i>can be</i> pretty funny. Maybe DEFCON XII needs a humor track?
                        DEFCON XII is over and done with . The humor is that you don't know that yet.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by astcell
                          DEFCON XII is over and done with . The humor is that you don't know that yet.
                          Or that it was cancelled.
                          Did Everquest teach you that?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by che
                            My new signature says it all..
                            Oh, I can't wait till next year when you have changed your. The confusion it will cause.
                            If there is a Church of WiFi, then this is it's !

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by LosT
                              Any DefCON used? Kills owls dead.

                              LosT
                              I prefer a shotgun. It is much more effective! (I suggest BB shot for spotted owls.. just don't ruin the meat. They are tasty.)
                              Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X